Sonic Electronix

I was driving from the house this morning and sub stopped playing. Stopped and checked all connection, everything secure. Got back home checked amp. Has power, rca's are secure, power ground and remote secure. No protection light on. Checked sub wiring with multimeter, read correct impedance. My only guess is that for some reason the rca's on the back of the head unit are the problem. Any suggestions ?

I should mention that the interior speakers didn't quit just the sub.

Also check your fuse and fuse holder. I had mine break on me and dissent know it. Was playing hit a bimp and fuse moved so it was not making connection and stopped playing hit another one and it played again. When I checked everything with a dmm it was good had to actually look at it to see what the problem was

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Also check your fuse and fuse holder. I had mine break on me and dissent know it. Was playing hit a bimp and fuse moved so it was not making connection and stopped playing hit another one and it played again. When I checked everything with a dmm it was good had to actually look at it to see what the problem was

id check this also i had the same problem it drove me crazy for a few days

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

I have voltage to the amp and remote wire. Fuses are all good. I am going to check the voltage coming through the rca's at the amp to ensure they are still receiving signal from the head unit. The only thing else i can think of is that the sub output on the deck may have gone bad.

Check remote wire

Double check that grounds aren't loose

Test rcas with other set or y cable into amp to see if rcas went bad had this happen to me a couple times

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived