Sonic Electronix

Subs In A Trunk Of A Car, No Wall? How Loud Can They Get?

I couldnt careless about what you believe or dont believe.....I know what my shit does and people have seen it do the numbers...

My impala is just like my 96 Caprice just with a lil higher tuning, more port, and box......

everything is contained inside the trunk... ask steve if hes seen my shit he will tell you chump

Posted Image

Wow. I smell beef up in here.

That's a pretty cool install by the way.

I plan on just having a regular box in the trunk build when I do my upgrade. I don't think I'll have them stick out the back seat or up the rear like that.

Hopefully I'll be able to score 145 db with a basic install :(

I've been doing some more thinking and if I go with the Fi BTL, I'd probably only give it 2,500 RMS instead of 3k because I don't want it to die on me within a year or something. I hope those Fi subs can last atleast 3+ years :(

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I'm cool.

Seriously, that shits a few days past its expiration E-thug. If King says your legit then I'll leave it at that. Don't get shitty just cause someone doubts you. You'll end up living a real shitty life.

e-thug? miss me with that shit homie this isnt my e-persona.....Meade and several others that know me on a personal basis will co-sign to that fact...if you or anyone else are cool with me and speak with respect you will get the same in return... if you had doubts about the scores/install you could have voiced them in a more respectful/professional manner... and not like another e-know it all like I said Im just here to have fun and help others....

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Wow. I smell beef up in here.

That's a pretty cool install by the way.

I plan on just having a regular box in the trunk build when I do my upgrade. I don't think I'll have them stick out the back seat or up the rear like that.

Hopefully I'll be able to score 145 db with a basic install :(

I've been doing some more thinking and if I go with the Fi BTL, I'd probably only give it 2,500 RMS instead of 3k because I don't want it to die on me within a year or something. I hope those Fi subs can last atleast 3+ years :(

as long as you get the cooling the BTL will love 3000w rms.....the 15s pictured are running off of 2 Orion 2500d's at .5ohms for daily and they love it.... provided your install is good they will last alot longer than 3yrs they are very strong subs :) I love em almost as much as DD 9500s(Im aDDicted for life)

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

lmfao how the fuck are you going to tell me what Ive done and I havent done? You dont know me or anything about my cars or installs to tell me what number I hit. And I only do legal scores with the termlab so get your facts straight rookie....

I dont see how thats possible considering the only mics that Ive ever metered on since 1999 is the termlab......

edit: I did compete in USACi for 2 seasons and they used the AC at that time

Hey Pit, I was just looking at the loudest trunks that have been metered at a show, thats all. Sounds like you are pretty loud anyways, keep it up B)

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Hey Pit, I was just looking at the loudest trunks that have been metered at a show, thats all. Sounds like you are pretty loud anyways, keep it up B)

thx meng, Ive been watching your installs for awhile now.... I wanna see big numbers this season you gotta rep for Cali its not too many of us compared to the midwest http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif :)

thx meng, Ive been watching your installs for awhile now.... I wanna see big numbers this season you gotta rep for Cali its not too many of us compared to the midwest http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif :)

I am hunting for new subs, sold the old ones. Will be bassless for a little bit, not too many shows until April, should be ready by then.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

I am hunting for new subs, sold the old ones. Will be bassless for a little bit, not too many shows until April, should be ready by then.

you consider trying some of those DC level 5's they look mean and Rusty is good people <_<

My impala is just like my 96 Caprice just with a lil higher tuning, more port, and box......

everything is contained inside the trunk...

Posted Image

So this is a pic of your setup with the subs mounted in the back dash? Just an fyi, for competition purposes (which is where my mind was at) this isn't a trunk setup since the subs are technically in the passenger compartment. The misunderstanding is over.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

you consider trying some of those DC level 5's they look mean and Rusty is good people <_<

I've been telling him that for a month now :lol: :lol:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

So this is a pic of your setup with the subs mounted in the back dash? Just an fyi, for competition purposes (which is where my mind was at) this isn't a trunk setup since the subs are technically in the passenger compartment. The misunderstanding is over.

fyi everything is in the trunk still and well below the windowline....... actually the surrounds on the sub are parallel to the remainder of the rear deck......so for competition purposes (where my mind isnt at) it is a trunk setup since the subs technically are in the trunk.... :blink: it wouldnt be a streetclass car due to the mod but its not a wall....

Archived