Sonic Electronix

ap15001d over heating problems?

so i have an ap1500 running @ 2ohms voltage is at 13.4 strong when everything is at full tilt. on the way to work this morning at 4am everything was fine ran like a champ then driving home from work at 430 pm after having my dark colored car in the sun all day i started having issues with it. it would shut off them come right back on my trunk is sealed with the sub firiing in so theres no air movement and this is the first time ive really ran the amp for this long "40 min drive home" when i got home i looked to see and sure enough its going in and out of protect ive got a fan on it right now to try and kool it off then run it to see if it was in fact over heating. just wondering what your guys thoughts or opinions are. or if anyone has had a similar issue im also running a duel amp for my mids and highs and that seems fine not cutting out at all but i guess thats also not running anywhere near the same amount of power as the ap. thoughts and opinions. gona let it kool down then check it out

had the fan on it for about 10 mins tried and still the same thing. gona let it sit a little longer and see

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

gona get a big boy sub sell the re se's then get a big boy amp :P how long could this thing take to kool down its not even a month old ima be pretty upset if it just shits the bed

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

gona get a big boy sub sell the re se's then get a big boy amp :P how long could this thing take to kool down its not even a month old ima be pretty upset if it just shits the bed

thats why you pay to play. so you dont have to worry about your equipment shitting out in a month.

if its not coming out of protect when its cold, then you might be fucked.

You've got a few posts here. Have you really missed ALL the bad threads about AP?

i think most have been locked and then deleted

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

its still doing the same thing at low volume its all good when you start to get on it it goes into protect. voltage is good both batterys are good. it was fine on my way to work then for about 20 mins after its odd cause right before it started doing this it got the loudest its ever gotten.

looking like ima have to get a med boy sub and med boy amp. this shits crazy though not even a month and its started doing this.

cars been off since 730 same thing thought maybe a bad ground checked that seems good tightened the terminals in the fuse same thing what else could cause this?

Archived