Sonic Electronix

Alright SMD, I'm looking to purchase some deadener for my 2011 Nissan Altima. I'm currently looking at Audio Technix and Second Skin. I will be running Image design Components and 6x9 coax's on the rear deck (rearfill, no back door speakers), for my speaker setup it'll be running off a RF 600-4bdcp (ruffly 100 rms to each speaker) . I was wondering how much Sq Ft. Should i buy for my two fronts and the rear deck?

Thanks In advance :drink40:

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I bought 12Sqft of AudioTechnix 80mil on Ebay for like 51-52$ And im just probably going to do my trunk and maybe roof.

It just depends on how much you want to use and spend. You can sometimes put a lot or a little. Id probably shoot for the most you can.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

I bought 12Sqft of AudioTechnix 80mil on Ebay for like 51-52$ And im just probably going to do my trunk and maybe roof.

It just depends on how much you want to use and spend. You can sometimes put a lot or a little. Id probably shoot for the most you can.

Appreciate your response... Im not too worried on spending for a quality product, but i dont want to spend on unnecessary Sq Ft. that wont make a difference. I can t remember but i know that it works with a certain amount of coverage and theres no need to cover the whole door if im not mistaken?

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Depends on the application. Some builds don't require full coverage, some builds require multiple layers. I always like to overdo electrical and deadening, but that may just be my preference.

depends on what you think needs covered. the current "trend" is 25% coverage. while I understand the concept behind this, I can't say I personally subscribe to this theory. so, could you provide more info? are you wanting to Dresden the cabin, cabin and trunk, or...? also, what are your goals? deaden rattles only, or Dreaden rattles and reduce outside noise?

Depends on the application. Some builds don't require full coverage, some builds require multiple layers. I always like to overdo electrical and deadening, but that may just be my preference.

depends on what you think needs covered. the current "trend" is 25% coverage. while I understand the concept behind this, I can't say I personally subscribe to this theory. so, could you provide more info? are you wanting to Dresden the cabin, cabin and trunk, or...? also, what are your goals? deaden rattles only, or Dreaden rattles and reduce outside noise?

I definitely dont think i'll need double layer lol... I'll be running one set of components front stage, and 6x9 coax rearfill.. I'm going for more sound quality then loudness. As far as my trunk, I may over do the deadener as my plans are to run 2 Sa 12s on a RF 1500bdcp to eliminate as much rattle as possible, but as of now, i'm trying to get the best out of my front stage mid-bass... I'll be running Image Design ctx65cs (components) & ctx69 rearfill

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Sound deadener deadens the resonance of your car, that is its intended purpose. It isn't a flex stopper, a rattle stopper or for sound proofing. If you are trying to deaden you car the 25% coverage should be plenty. If you want to stop rattles then who knows how much you will have to use because that isn't what it's made for.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Sound deadener deadens the resonance of your car, that is its intended purpose. It isn't a flex stopper, a rattle stopper or for sound proofing. If you are trying to deaden you car the 25% coverage should be plenty. If you want to stop rattles then who knows how much you will have to use because that isn't what it's made for.

Thanks for that knowledge.. I learned something new!!! Quick question.. so would it be proper to deaden the doors and deaden and foam the trunk? Im kind of getting ahead of myself because i want an optimal front stage before I press on to the trunk, but for future reference :drink40: Or what else would you suggest to eliminate rattles. I'm not going to be running that much power. Subs will be 2 Sa 12s on a RF1500 so I doubt i have the issues that many of the nice systems here on SMD.. I just want the best quality out of my system and from what i've researched, sound deadening helps retain the mid bass from 6.5s and also helps create fuller bass (in a sense) .. What is your take on it?

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Deadener has alot more uses than just audio.

Luxury cars are deadened to eliminate or cut down on road noise, with audio not the primary focus.

I did 3 layers on damp pro on my doors, roof and trunk.

Deadener has alot more uses than just audio.

Luxury cars are deadened to eliminate or cut down on road noise, with audio not the primary focus.

I did 3 layers on damp pro on my doors, roof and trunk.

I wish my car was luxury.. 2011 Altima, the most driven car in AMERICA :roflmao: LOL haha... But In all honesty, that car is actually pretty comfortable with minimum rode noise.. My focus would strictly be for car audio as I have no complaints with outside noise coming in... How much would you suggest for 2 front doors and rear deck? I have no clue how much sq. ft I should purchase...

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Archived