Second Skin Audio

ok so apparently i have been living under a rock! :ughdunno:
i didn't know about Spectrum.

i have already applied dampening material to my floor-pan, i want to add Spectrum now that i know about it lol
Will Spectrum stick to NVX dampening and your Damp. Pro?

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

why wont it? :unknw:

Spectrum can be applied as an interior coating on the sheet metal behind the upholstery, or as an acoustical undercoating on the outside of the floor pan to create tomb like silence and provide mechanical protection from rust.

if it's anything like bed liner that stuff will stick to anything.. got bed liner on my hands and stuff one time.. i couldent get it off for about a week or two and i tried everything to get it off..

EDIT: Spectrum is water based and will not adhere permanently to plastic or fiberglass without first using a self etching primer.

Edited by reg93f150
idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Spectrum can be applied as an interior coating on the sheet metal behind the upholstery, or as an acoustical undercoating on the outside of the floor pan to create tomb like silence and provide mechanical protection from rust.

if it's anything like bed liner that stuff will stick to anything.. got bed liner on my hands and stuff one time.. i couldent get it off for about a week or two and i tried everything to get it off..

EDIT: Spectrum is water based and will not adhere permanently to plastic or fiberglass without first using a self etching primer.

thats why i ask , NVX has aluminum back and Damp. pro is like .....soft plastic or rubber .

(dont want to pull it up to add spectrum.) i want to spry it over what i have down now .

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

thats why i ask , NVX has aluminum back and Damp. pro is like .....soft plastic or rubber .

(dont want to pull it up to add spectrum.) i want to spry it over what i have down now .

hmm.. hopefully the admin of second skin will come in here, if not just send him a message. he normally replys really fast

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

I think they offer a free sample pack just pay shipping

check it out so you can do some testing yourself

Do they offer a sample kit that has spectrum in it? I look at their sample packs and it only had the mat in it....

I think they offer a free sample pack just pay shipping

check it out so you can do some testing yourself

Do they offer a sample kit that has spectrum in it? I look at their sample packs and it only had the mat in it....

I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find ima search on their Facebook

I just can't remember what it included

^^ quoted from FatManRepair, for some reason it isn't showing up as quoted though

The aluminum on Damplifier Pro has a black coating that acts as a primer for the Spectrum to adhere to. If you are trying to apply to plain aluminum or mylar then a primer will be needed in order for the Spectrum to bond.

Ken

Edit: added quoted material

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

spectrum will stick on damp pro like a charm. all you have to do is make sure its clean (i did the spectrum a while after the damp pro so this was more important for me as it had time to get dirty)

I have spectrum on my entire floor, rear deck, and almost the entire trunk. no issues with it not sticking at all.

105_0439_thumb.jpg

105_0441_thumb.jpg

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer