Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Anybody done a mustang?


87chevyboi

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got a 91 foxbody mustang sunday and am wondering what kind of system to go in it. It is a drag/street car, No ac, lots of weight reduction so i am not looking for 5000 watts, im looking for maybe a single 10 or 2 8s in the trunk but i want it to drop. Im wondering if anybody else has done a foxbody system. Becuz the trunks are so small in these things i would have to have a small box or put it togethor in the trunk which i dont really wanna do that. Im also thinking of cutting the brace behind the back seat back part and being able to slide the box in thru there. Lets see your pics of systems done

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Posted

I take it you a have a non-hatch LX car? The only system I'd want to hear is a lumpy cam...my opinion though strictly.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

ya I agree with you its got a fully built 302 bored out and extra goodies. I am going to pick up another cam a little more lopey that way it will sound good and give a little more performance. but im not looking for something for the whole block to hear i just want something that sounds good and can comliment my music. I was thinking a sundown 8 or 2 of them and just a little 1000 watt amp. Unless somebody else has pics of different setups in the foxbody.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Posted

Orionstang have done his Stang so often and various, that we can´t count.

I guess you 2 Sundown SA 8 V2 http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sa-series.html on a SQ 1200 http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html, a biggest baddest AGM batt you can fit under the hood + a vew squarefeet´s of sounddeadener on the right places, and you will have alot of fun.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Posted

the brace is nothing but to hold the back seat up as far as i can tell. I am not gonna cut off a brace that will keep the car stable, i am not stupid by any means lol. I would also put another brace in it to keep it stable, no problems there. But ive seen orions stang and his is newer i am wondering about a foxbody. Ill post pics up in a little to show what year i am talking about for people that dont know.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Posted

I'm very familiar with the Fox body car, I owned two. Too bad you don't have the hatch version LX, or GT(I like the cleaner look of the LX without ground effects and so on) for that matter. If the car has a lot of weight reduction, I'd absolutely build the box out of 3/4" birch to keep the weight down. The SA8s are beefy as shit, and putting two of them is heavier than 1 12" SA. 1 12" is more cone area as well. I'd do a single 10" or 12" ported and be done with it. That's if you HAVE to have some bump. What is done so far for your front stage?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

the fronts are a set of component alpine type s, 6.5's and tweeters. And some kenwood 3 way 6x9s in the rear. Like i said im not trying to knock the block down just beat hard for me and sound good at the same time. A single 12 will do fine if i can get it in the back lol. Like i said im on limited space.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Posted

Are you limited due to wheel tubs or what? Can you post pictures of this trunk? I haven't seen a Fox body LX trunk in awhile.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...