Jump to content

What exactly am I looking for when I want a remote starter?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a older car, 96 honda accord that I'd like to add a security system too that has remote start. Would my car be capable of doing so? or is to possibly too old? And when I go to buy one, how do I know it'll work with my car?

Posted

Well most security systems that feature remote start require power locks so if your car does not have power locks then you'd either have to find a system that will work for your set up or add power locks to your car. As for will a certain alarm work with your car, you can add any alarm you want but you might have to buy a by pass module if your car has a passive system already. As for installing one, if you're not familiar with car wiring and how to read/understand a wiring diagram then I would recommend you bring it to a shop to have it installed. Most shops charge about $150 to install one.

Posted

I have a '97 Grand Prix with a Viper 5902 two way remote, it tells me what sensor is going off and I can out it on silent, so just the keychain beeps and/or vibrates.

Also can upgrade and get more features, like garage door opener, window up/or down, defroster, etc.... check it out, everyday I use it I love it

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6040 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...