Hey Polecat, Why No Really High Performance Round Woofers?

Altho Boston Acoustics race track sub is pretty good lookin and it sounds ok

they look bad ass, but like most odd shaped subs im sure there is a reason its that price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Bazooka...sspagenameZWDVW

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Honestly i dont find a need for the triangle subs. Kicker started the trend for square subs. Supposibly MTX was working on the square subs before kicker but mtx could never figure it out. Square is louder in my opinion but you can never beat a circle sub in my opinion.

Honestly i dont find a need for the triangle subs. Kicker started the trend for square subs. Supposibly MTX was working on the square subs before kicker but mtx could never figure it out. Square is louder in my opinion but you can never beat a circle sub in my opinion.

exactly the reason why i made this thread

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

exactly the reason why i made this thread

Anytime you hear the name kicker. I think of 2 things and so does a lot of people. 2 ohm stable and square subs. Thats what they do and thats their namesake. Square subs are awesome. But I find it like this. Circle subs everyone says sounds better and they might i dont know. But I just couldent imageine if the Atomic APXX, or T3 TSNS, DD 9500, DDZ went square. More cone area should make them louder. Who knows i really love the square design. It took a while for it to come to me.

Well the circle sub has been around since forever. I could never afford a square one yet,.

also someone was talkin a bunch of hype sayin that the 199X year brand kicker comp handles 2000 watts and he said his sub is indestructable, and that pyle came out with the square design or something..

I trust whatever you Pros out there have to say about this sub or that amp, or whatever. and by pros i mean like 99% of everyone here on SMD

8v fury said:

One of you ought to buy a couple of those triangle thingys and play with them lol..Do the square sube really sound too terrible to justify its ability to utilize space ? Such as the ability to nearly completely cover the front of an enclosure with cone area..I see a hell of alot of wasted space on the front of my box with 2 round subs.

since kicker has the square sub down to a sience why not go all the way and do a square voice coil to go with it to make it more efficent? but then again the corners will prolly not want to set straight but the squares are killer lookin subs and sound awesome, but why not do somethin diff and do square componit sets? have like for a 6x9 put a 4&1/2'' square driver and tweet? or for a 6&1/2'' put a 5&1/4 square but make the outside of the basket mount up to the round hole but have a square driver in it? lmao and square tweets? more serfice area? i might halfto trademark this shit :unsure::lol: but could u amagin a square componit set that still mounted to a round hole cause square= more serfice area anyways but i might not be on the right page somewere but would look kewl as shit, hell if yall make some ied cut my doors to put some ks squares in there with the ks square tweets, but like a 6&1/2 have a 5&3/4 square driver but still have a round frame around it so it matches up to stock openings? it might work it might not but its my $.02 and ima give it B):P

to clear it up a lil bit picture a 4x6 plate speaker with seperates and use a square 4'' and square tweet? somethin like dat?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived