Second Skin Audio

fixed my broken baffle, wanna know what went wrong? pics are here

That sucks man. Shitty feeling for sure. Doubling it up from the outside sounds like a good idea. If it's too far gone, build a new beefier box if possible.

OR like said. Clean the surfaces, re glue it on and I would also use some steel reinforcement. A repair will be hard to make as strong as it was so steel would be a good solution.

All the best man.

Adding a layer of mdf to the inside will take up a little space, but it's so little that it will not effect the sound of the box. A 15X15 inch piece of 3/4 inch mdf is only .09 cubic feet. Only 9/100 of a cubic foot.

Add to the inside if that's what you want to do.

I just think adding to the outside is much easier.

This, especially if he has no box building experience. It doesn't take much to add a piece of wood to the outside of a box. Provided, he doesn't have to pull it off anyway.

If you do, then use the piece you pull off to trace and make a new piece.

BTW, can you give us pics of the front and seams and subs etc?

so i took my box out and everything, did not think i would have to for some reason but the bottom of the baffle came loose, the screws the guy used for my box where to damn small, they just peirced the baffle, he didnt put enough screws in there so from the motor force when that came loose the glue broke, the one side was kinda like this too, wasnt to bad,i opened the crack to put some glue in there then took the screws out along the baffle and on the side, replaced them with bigger screws and put more screws in, so caulked the inside and out where the problem was and after i let that sit for half hr, i put some resin down there and on the bottom of the box on the outside for extra strength, at least i think that was a good idea. i did not take many pics, only 2. really wish i would of done more pics but you guys can see the issue, also the shit on the box is from the carpet, house carpet! why he used that? idk..

the slapping noise is gone and its strong, did not play it loud, bc i am going to wait 24 hours to make sure everything is dry and shit

natesbox2_zps0dca7095.jpg

natesbox_zps869fd993.jpg

Archived