Jump to content

My custom vu meters, inspired by RF.


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I finished it up today and added the volt meter by it's side just like how it is on the RF amps.

If you guys are interested, I can post the diagram on how to build one yourself.

Posted

I would love for you to post how to make one! Please?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Posted

This is the volt vu meter. VR2 is a 100k potentiometer

vuvoltmeterdiagram_zpsecbb999f.png

This is the sound vu meter. VR1 is a 100k potentiometer

vumeterdiagram_zpse1feb7fe.png

Posted

sweet.....

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Posted

Cool stuff man :good:

Posted

Shiiiiiit.... So what do all of the parts that are used in the diagram? I feel really stupid right now..

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Posted

Sorry, I forgot to list the parts I used.

For the volt meter one the parts are:

VR2 - 100k potentiometer (adjustment for voltage range)

R2 - 10k ohm resistor

R3 - 50k ohm resistor

R1 - 1k ohm resistor

IC1 - LM3915 (led driver)

D1 to D10 - L.E.D.S

B1 - battery input

The 2nd diagram is for the vu meter:

R1 - 1k ohm resistor

VR1 - 100k potentiometer (to adjust for clipping)

IC1 - LM3915 (led driver)

There are two parts for the vu meter, since it has a peak detector.

The peak detector list is:

R5 - 1k ohm resistor

D11 - diode

R3 - 1k ohm resistor

R4 - 100k ohm resistor

Q1 - PNP transistor

C1 - 0.1uf capacitor

R6 - 1M ohm resistor

You can purchase all of the components at radioshack except for the LED driver which would probably have to be bought online.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9208 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...