Jump to content

My custom vu meters, inspired by RF.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I made some led vu meters after wanting to have some after I first saw them on the RF amps when they first came out. Since I didn't have the money to blow on the SMD version of it, I decided to make my own for personal use :)

Let me know what you guys think!

Posted

Nice work!

Thought about doing something similar myself.

One of my latest projects was to change the display on my VM-1.

Any future ideas?

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Posted

Looks good. I hope they bring it back out.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Posted

Nice work!

Thought about doing something similar myself.

One of my latest projects was to change the display on my VM-1.

Any future ideas?

Not sure at this point, probably try to make them smaller and more compact. This one was pretty much the first one I made so I just wanted to see if it worked lol.

can you adjust it like the SMD VU-Din? it looks like you will always be on clipping mode.. looks cool though

Yeah, there's a rheostat for adjustment. I just wanted to show the full spectrum for the video.

Posted

can you adjust it like the SMD VU-Din? it looks like you will always be on clipping mode.. looks cool though

Yeah, there's a rheostat for adjustment. I just wanted to show the full spectrum for the video.

nice.. would like to see the finished product

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7833 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...