beginning of new build in 2004 taurus, ending in trunk fire

What was the final outcome of the fire? I mean what caused it?

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

honestly, I couldn't tell you. the fire happened where the ground was though

2004 Ford Taurus

Kenwood KDC-352U Dash

Kenwood (2) 6x8's

2 American Bass HD 15's D1 Coils

Audiopipe APK3500.1 @ 1ohm

Shuriken SK-BT140 Battery

8.8cu box with two 6'' aeroports, firing into the cabin

All Audiotechnix 0awg

• 1 month later...

It might have internal shorted and then just continued to send power to the ground causing the fire, glad you didn't lose the car man! Good luck on the rebuild.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

That blows. I'd look into a different brand of amp and redo all the wiring just to be sure

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Can't really tell from photos, but it looks like amp isn't mounted to anything, just resting on inner fender. Amp might have shifted and puledl wire out and shorted it on amp case or other metal panel.

I have to agree , i dont mean to be mean but the wiring / mounting aspect of this was very poor . Next time please mount your amp in a secure location and keep all the wiring as secure and neat as possible . I have this feeling when she shoved the box in with all the wiring hanging, it just pulled on it.. After this all it took was a slight bump and dead short.

If you look the amps protection light is on.

Also if you look when hes mounting the subs there bare wiring going into the box id pull the subs to and check there Imp rate

sucks when internal shit blows i had a line out converter in my hands when all of a sudden the green led went yellow.... then me scream fuck this doesnt have a yellow led -fut all the speaker wires off and through the line out converter that was on fire out the window haha. (was trouble shooting a guys car that apparently his buddy who's a pro wired up) needless to say his buddys jaw dropped when he seen a flaming line out converter fly out the window. (caused by a speaker shorting with a 12 volts wire and grounding in the line out converter)

Can't really tell from photos, but it looks like amp isn't mounted to anything, just resting on inner fender. Amp might have shifted and puledl wire out and shorted it on amp case or other metal panel.

I have to agree , i dont mean to be mean but the wiring / mounting aspect of this was very poor . Next time please mount your amp in a secure location and keep all the wiring as secure and neat as possible . I have this feeling when she shoved the box in with all the wiring hanging, it just pulled on it.. After this all it took was a slight bump and dead short.

If you look the amps protection light is on.

Also if you look when hes mounting the subs there bare wiring going into the box id pull the subs to and check there Imp rate

I kind of just threw it together just to hear it, and I was late for work. dumb decision by me haha. amp is now moved and secured, and everything is clean and rewired

2004 Ford Taurus

Kenwood KDC-352U Dash

Kenwood (2) 6x8's

2 American Bass HD 15's D1 Coils

Audiopipe APK3500.1 @ 1ohm

Shuriken SK-BT140 Battery

8.8cu box with two 6'' aeroports, firing into the cabin

All Audiotechnix 0awg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived