Sonic Electronix

Everyone with Knowledge on Going Active, I Need You to Chime In Please!!

refresh my memory please ... is this going to be a 2-way active setup ??

If soo ... How far apart are your tweeters from your midbass drivers ???

... and are your drivers in the exact locations on both sides of the vehicle ???

Thank you, I have decided to go with the 600-4 for the headroom... The front stage will be 2-way (only running the front stage and 2 12" subs).. I have a 2011 Altima and the stock tweeter is on the dash, but I plan to mount my tweeter into the door panel so its as close to the midbass driver as possibe (in which i read that is the best way iirc) so i'll be around 24in max away from my midbass driver. and they should be in exact locations as the mid bass will go in the factory location and the tweeters i will measure to perfection

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

The closer you get the drivers to each other, the more "in time" you get with each other ... more reasons "NOT" to go active ...

If you plan to run midrange drivers, you will need 6 channels of active setup ...

If Every driver reaches your ear at the same time, there is no need to separately time align them, hence you would be better off not to go active ...

when tuning a system, crossover adjustments are nowhere near a factor as time alignment and Equalization ...

Not trying to talk you out of it ... but a few factors that I though you should know ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The closer you get the drivers to each other, the more "in time" you get with each other ... more reasons "NOT" to go active ...

If you plan to run midrange drivers, you will need 6 channels of active setup ...

If Every driver reaches your ear at the same time, there is no need to separately time align them, hence you would be better off not to go active ...

when tuning a system, crossover adjustments are nowhere near a factor as time alignment and Equalization ...

Not trying to talk you out of it ... but a few factors that I though you should know ...

Thats actually the type of advice I needed.. I'm not all for spending money for no reason (Call me cheap, call me broke, but you cant call me dumb LOL)... I was really looking for the reasoning behind going active (which i thought it was the flexability, but now I know there is a real purpose beyond what i thought) and if it was necessarry in my case! You hit the nail on the head... Thank you!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I ALWAYS use better driver instlation practices before bandaiding them with processors ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I ALWAYS use better driver instlation practices before bandaiding them with processors ...

Let me ask you this, If the speakers are rated at 120 rms, would the 600-2 be too much for them as it produces 200 rms (but we all know rockford is very underrated).. would that headroom be essential or unecessary and I should look more into the 400-2 as its conservatively rated at 120 rms ?

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Here is my learning to this ...

when it comes to front stage ... What ever wattage you put on a single driver ... you put the same wattage to EVERY driver, no matter what it is ...

I'm basically running 150 watts into 4 channels ... however, my dash midrange / tweeter drivers are passive ... so an all actuallity, all applications are different.

If it was me and I was running those amplifiers ... I would go with atleast 100 to 150 watts per channel.

Here is my learning to this ...

when it comes to front stage ... What ever wattage you put on a single driver ... you put the same wattage to EVERY driver, no matter what it is ...

I'm basically running 150 watts into 4 channels ... however, my dash midrange / tweeter drivers are passive ... so an all actuallity, all applications are different.

If it was me and I was running those amplifiers ... I would go with atleast 100 to 150 watts per channel.

Alright, Thank you for the help!! I decided to pull the plug on a 600-2 so I can have the headroom and adjust accordingliy! I actually just scored a used one on ebay (From a local seller too haha!!) for $200 :nuts: i should have PLENTY headroom haha!!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

congratz !!!

get your 2 way set up as best as you can before you add midrange drivers to the mix ...

I decided to pull the plug on a 600-2 so I can have the headroom and adjust accordingliy! I actually just scored a used one on ebay (From a local seller too haha!!) for $200 :nuts: i should have PLENTY headroom haha!!

2 channel ??? thought you was looking for a 4 channel ??

either way ... very nice amplifier !!!

I decided to pull the plug on a 600-2 so I can have the headroom and adjust accordingliy! I actually just scored a used one on ebay (From a local seller too haha!!) for $200 :nuts: i should have PLENTY headroom haha!!

2 channel ??? thought you was looking for a 4 channel ??

either way ... very nice amplifier !!!

I was looking into the 4 channel until you said I wouldnt have any need for the active setup.. I'm not trying to have the "perfect" sound.. just wanted a nice front stage that could keep up with the SAs i plan to purchase, but retain the quality... and Thank you :drink40:

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Archived