Ohm load help!

Hey all! Got my bc5500 back from repair woo!!

Need some help though

Sorry about link, I'm on mobile and haven't figured that out yet.

I'm trying to take care of the wiring right at the bolts. I would really prefer not to pull the subs because that's a pain.

Also if you could please use visuals with the sub wiring that would help much more than "wire in parallel and series etc" just helps me learn faster and more effectively. I appreciate it!

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Crap I don't know why my phone automatically uploads in private. Changed the settings, should be able to view now

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I always measure the resistance without being connected to the amp. You also need to see what the resistance is in your leads and subtract that.

They are quad 1ohm coils. Each sub is wired to 1 ohm. Im completely blanking at the moment and need go re learn some stuff because I disconnected them from the amp and got 0 reading

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

They are quad 1ohm coils. Each sub is wired to 1 ohm. Im completely blanking at the moment and need go re learn some stuff because I disconnected them from the amp and got 0 reading

You disconnected them from the amp and where exactly did you get your reading from?

Also, quad 1 ohm coils wired to give you a 1 ohm load will not read exactly 1.0 so variances are acceptable.

Side note, you have two different model sub amps judging by he video, is that correct? Are all of your subs in the same air space?

Got the reading right at the bolts. I understand the variance at 1.2 that doesn't bother me at all. I was weirded out by one being at 0.9 and why 2 of them were reading -1.2

I have 2 ap3ks same amp and everything. All subs in same air space. My build log is on the sig

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

What I am trying to do is run the bc5500 at 1ohm

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

Got the reading right at the bolts. I understand the variance at 1.2 that doesn't bother me at all. I was weirded out by one being at 0.9 and why 2 of them were reading -1.2

I have 2 ap3ks same amp and everything. All subs in same air space. My build log is on the sig

.9 is only one tenth off of one ohm. 1.2 is 2 tenths off. Neither would concern me. As far as the negative reading, I didn't catch that. Didn't even know it was possible. Is your DMM a good one? Also, what resistance do you get when you touch the leads together?

Archived