I don't believe that that should be paid for at all, I support gay rights but that is not a right. It's a freedom and freedoms aren't afforded to people convicted of crimes. I believe he is innocent, but he has been convicted and it shouldn't be allowed. I agree our tax dollars should NOT pay for the gender reassignment treatment.

But then again I don't believe my tax dollars should pay for killing and burning innocent civilians regardless of their nationality.

I with it was not conducted by the military court system, as his actions brought to light something our government would have kept hidden. We can't keep believing the middle east hates us because of our democracy and freedom. Our actions in the middle east have a direct relation to how our country is viewed. And killing innocents, keeping it hidden, and then punishing the man who brought forth the truth doesn't do it for me. There are a lot of documents and it may take awhile for it all to be read and sorted out, but I would like everything brought to light.

Look at snowden. The government continually denied the unconstitutional spying on civilians until proof was brought forth. I don't define the crime by hurting the government, I view it as hurting the country. And proving the evil deeds are in fact being done isn't a crime, but should be celebrated. The government is there time serve the American People, not the other way around

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I think the way he did it is what makes it a crime. He should have got a lawyer and then contacted his congressman or the very least an American journalist and tried to get whistleblower status (although this administration seems to just ignore the law whenever it sees fit) instead of just dumping everything into the lap of a foreign website who is more interested in knocking America down a peg than it is in protecting anybody from anything.

he signed non disclosure agreements, he knew the charges before he committed the offense, he emboldened enemy fighters and that means soldiers died because of it.

he is not getting any gender reassignment treatment. The US Military doesn't perform elective surgeries like that...

We can think of a hundred different things that would embolden enemy fighters, come on now. And I understand the nondisclosure. But imagine you had proof innocent people were being killed. Most Americans can be rash, nationalist, and very insensitive saying they all should die but it isn't right. The American People have a right to know what we do to help prevent future acts of crime.

it wasn't like they were filmed executing civilians. In a combat situation the lines can be blurred when the enemy doesn't wear a uniform.

This is a case of a troubled soldier looking for recognition. Period. There were investigations into these incidents and it was determined that there wasn't negligence or malice.

I have been involved in situations like this and to say we murdered people is offensive.

No one said it isn't difficult. I am saying it is wrong. And think, these are just the few we know about. I have been saying for a long time the Middle East's anger towards America has nothing to do with democracy, freedom, or western civilization. That is just more propaganda from a government who feeds the military industrial complex to line it's own pockets who would much rather NOT have the American people informed. That is my big issue.

You think the enemies are blurred when Snowden leaked information as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9w1BEINyxs

Their hatred towards America isn't based solely on anything. They are so easily manipulated by their religious "leaders" that our actions really don't matter anyway. If some big disaster happens they all cry " where is America?"...then when we show up to help they start with the "death to America" bullshit. Some psycho dictator starts slaughtering his enemies by the thousands and again they cry "where is America? Help us!", while they are busy planting roadside bombs and burning our flag.

Fuck them all.

Archived