Sundown Audio

ever check your amp birth certificates?

ghostlyrich

"I don't know what he does on Tuesday" HA

Yeah plus those tests are done at 14.4v which is cool I guess but who has a 100% consistent 14.4v supply that never drops? Some people probably, but not many. My alternator is controlled by the PCM which blows because if its super hot out its not going to do shit above 13.5. According to my head unit anyway which is probably around .3 too low but still you get my point. I would be more interested to see what it does at 12 volts, and then anything more is bonus power as opposed to having a rating at a voltage your probably not hitting very much.

I used to have an older alpine 2 channel that I ran bridged on a type r and it pushed it pretty well for being ~300w... And in hindsight, it was probably clipped to hell lol. That was like 8 years ago,before I got really in depth and knowledgeable with all this clean signal stuff.

Some how I managed to miss that. Probably because the guy that I worked with at best buy then and told me two things that have always kept with me. After he adjusted it and I just always kept it there... lol That is until I decided I wanted more. Then I came here.

Those two things being:

"son you need that remote wire..."

"You're gonna need that ground too.." As he tossed me a piece of rockford 4 AWG.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I used to have an older alpine 2 channel that I ran bridged on a type r and it pushed it pretty well for being ~300w... And in hindsight, it was probably clipped to hell lol. That was like 8 years ago,before I got really in depth and knowledgeable with all this clean signal stuff.

Some how I managed to miss that. Probably because the guy that I worked with at best buy then and told me two things that have always kept with me. After he adjusted it and I just always kept it there... lol That is until I decided I wanted more. Then I came here.

Those two things being:

"son you need that remote wire..."

"You're gonna need that ground too.." As he tossed me a piece of rockford 4 AWG.

i work for futureshop and man do i wish we still sold fosgate!

Birth sheets are the first thing I take out of the box after they arrive, lol. I always check them yes, that's for sure. been a LOOONG time since I have owned an amp that didn't do rated.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

"I don't know what he does on Tuesday" HA

Yeah plus those tests are done at 14.4v which is cool I guess but who has a 100% consistent 14.4v supply that never drops? Some people probably, but not many. My alternator is controlled by the PCM which blows because if its super hot out its not going to do shit above 13.5. According to my head unit anyway which is probably around .3 too low but still you get my point. I would be more interested to see what it does at 12 volts, and then anything more is bonus power as opposed to having a rating at a voltage your probably not hitting very much.

What videos or threads were you reading? Steve tests on a bank of batteries. It has voltage drop.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

SAM_0225_zps79165c9a.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived