I would have to agree with you guys. If I see a ride that looks like it has some real time and thought into it, it gets my respect even if it isn't my style. I've seen plenty of lifted trucks that I've thought looked good, I've just seen more bagged trucks that I like more lol. Speaking of lifted, I have to ask why some people want there trucks to be so high you could walk under it? Ok probably not that high, but I've seen trucks so high that I can't help but wonder how the hell you get in. To me a 6 or maybe 8 inch lift is realistic. Not trying to dis on anyone, I mean if that's what you like then more power to ya. Maybe it's cause I'm afraid of heights is why I don't like them any higher than a 6 inch lift.

Saying why a lift that is more than six inch is kind of like why to lay the frame. Some people want to see how high they can get and some how low. This is just like how I fight with people about car audio all the time. Drag racing is a big thing around here. I tell them me wanting to see how loud I can get is like you wanting to see how fast you can get. Everyone has a different view on things. I personally am in the process of getting a Ford Excursion with 10 in of lift on 38s. It is tall, but I am 5'7" and 320lbs and can still easily get in it. No it is not for major off-road use, but it gets me where I want to go and IMO looks damn good doing it. I can also still respect a bagged truck. My dad owns a 69 Chevrolet CST 10 that is lowered (not bagged), and it is one of the cleanest and sickest vehicles that I think I have ever seen.

If that's your thing then more power to ya. To me a 6 inch lift is really what is needed for most situations, but course there are times when a bigger lift is needed. Really a 10 inch lift isn't that bad. I'm referring to those who are sky high, like high enough where I can walk under it. I'm 6'1", ok doubt there are ones that high. As they say, "to each their own".

Mine is on the right and my dads is on the left. Mine is lifted 4 inches and his is lowered 4 inches. And I love them both equally. Can't go wrong either way.

D0D50489-A529-47D3-93D1-34C4B5C90426-645

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Ok in that regard Hershey...do you think anyone NEEDS 20,000 30,000 40,000 watt audio systems in their vehicles? Absolutely not but its fuckin bad ass to have it :D same with a lift. Skyhighcaraudio doesn't need his truck that talk but it's a beautiful truck and it turns heads and still is very functional.

You are right though...to each their own :)

Ok in that regard Hershey...do you think anyone NEEDS 20,000 30,000 40,000 watt audio systems in their vehicles? Absolutely not but its fuckin bad ass to have it :D same with a lift. Skyhighcaraudio doesn't need his truck that talk but it's a beautiful truck and it turns heads and still is very functional.

You are right though...to each their own :)

Some would argue does any one need an audio system at all lol. Answer is no, but everyone on here it's a different answer. I will agree that Sky High has a great looking truck and from what I've seen on youtube it's loud as hell too. Using the truck to promote their business, it needs to stand out. It surely does that with ease.

HowLowCanYouGo, those are some nice lookin trucks. Course with a s/n like yours I'd expect you to have the lowered one, but guess you meant low as in how low your system will play.

In my opinion, it depends on what your using it for, I think that if your going to off road like rocks, and trail, you would want to go with a suspension lift, I'd fear popping the bag under pressure, or by a sharp stick or sharp rock if I went with bagged.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Lol when I used to have my old ranger (laid frame on 20's) I used to go out in the desert with it...not really "off roading" but there were mud holes (after rain) and ruts, sand, and rocks to navigate. Never had anything happen to the suspension. The bags are actually pretty durable.

Today bags are pretty durable, but I think back when air bags first started popping up everywhere they weren't as reliable as they are today. I think that's why a lot of people are against them. If you look at Kelderman suspension, they have several lift kits that have airbags to allow the truck to go even higher. Even with the bags added to the lift, they are still pretty capable off road.

I guess i should add myview...

2wd FULL SIZE truck Leave stock or lower. A lifted fullsize 2wd is pointless, as an IFS front end looks goofy ( unless its a full out race suspension like a pre runner)

4wd full size.. Either or. If you have the time/creativity to slam a fullsize 4wd. Goid job. Not very many people do it as its alot of work.

2wd small trucks ( ranger/s10 ect) Lifted, pre runner style Yes. Lowered. Well thats just common lol

4wd smaller truck.. Bagged/slammed A+ As it takes alot of work to do. Lifted is sweet to.

Bassically do Anything except lift a 2wd full size truck lol

I still have a sweet spot for full size mega cab duallys laying frame...

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

You can't say a lift on a car is ugly but lowering a truck is ok. It's the same idea in the opposite direction.

I had a honda accord and lifted the back up a good 3" to handle the weight of a stereo. I wouldn't go and throw some 30" tires on it, but it gave in a nice look. It wasn't 3" of lift after the stereo go put in.

Archived