First off I don't want anyone bashing on either suspension set up. Both have there strong and weak points. Don't need this thread to get locked cause of people not keeping this friendly. I keep seeing people on Truckin magazine's fan page on FB saying that a real truck is lifted. My question to you is, what is a "real" truck? These same people say that you can't tow or haul anything with a bagged truck. I would disagree on the towing, if anything you have increased your towing capacity with air bags. Sure ya might not be able to haul as much as you used in the bed, but if you did it right you can still have a usable bed. Really only thing I see a lifted truck having an advantage over a bagged one is how far off road you can go. Don't get me wrong I do like lifted trucks, but I like bagged ones more.

A real truck js one that the owner enjoys. Who cares what someone else thinks. Its no shock that ignorance shines through Facebook. I can respect the work it takes to do both. I love lifted and slammed trucks But Iif it was mine nothing is as cool as a truck dumping out when it parks.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Me personally I love a bagged truck. Nothing sexier than a dually laying out on some 24s. Now just like N8 said I also see a car for what its worth and if someone put in hundreds of hours to do something right and look good then they get a thumbs up from me. Lol There will always be ups and downs to any vehicle whether lifted or bagged. Ive actually seen a bagged off road truck before (more for show) but still gave him the ability to get about 10" of ground clearance. Which is pretty sweet. Lol

I would have to agree with you guys. If I see a ride that looks like it has some real time and thought into it, it gets my respect even if it isn't my style. I've seen plenty of lifted trucks that I've thought looked good, I've just seen more bagged trucks that I like more lol. Speaking of lifted, I have to ask why some people want there trucks to be so high you could walk under it? Ok probably not that high, but I've seen trucks so high that I can't help but wonder how the hell you get in. To me a 6 or maybe 8 inch lift is realistic. Not trying to dis on anyone, I mean if that's what you like then more power to ya. Maybe it's cause I'm afraid of heights is why I don't like them any higher than a 6 inch lift.

same here its whatever someone likes, me I like bagged more they just look sexy laying frame my truck not bagged but I lower it 3/4 it rides and handle great and the stances just look bad ass

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

I would have to agree with you guys. If I see a ride that looks like it has some real time and thought into it, it gets my respect even if it isn't my style. I've seen plenty of lifted trucks that I've thought looked good, I've just seen more bagged trucks that I like more lol. Speaking of lifted, I have to ask why some people want there trucks to be so high you could walk under it? Ok probably not that high, but I've seen trucks so high that I can't help but wonder how the hell you get in. To me a 6 or maybe 8 inch lift is realistic. Not trying to dis on anyone, I mean if that's what you like then more power to ya. Maybe it's cause I'm afraid of heights is why I don't like them any higher than a 6 inch lift.

Lol message the guys from Sky High and ask them ^_^....But I know back home lifted was the best thing in the world (FL) and Id seen a few trucks running around town with 12-16" custom lift kits on them and most times they were more for show than anything else. The guys running around in the mud and out in the woods were running usually a 6 or 8 inch lift and some nice 33s or something meaty. Now dont get me wrong there were a couple guys running a 10 inch lift out in the woods but they were the ones who would go out and find a mud hole me and you would consider to be a lake. Lol

I know I laugh every time someone says bagged can't tow. There's a Dodge Ram quad cab dually running around where I live that's bagged. On a few occasions I've seen it with a 34 foot enclosed trailer attached to it going down the road. Plus this driver, drives this thing rain or shine. So any people call a bagged or lowered truck trailer queens. Really I can say the same about some lifted trucks I've seen. As far as Sky High's truck I think it was built that way for show since it's their demo vehicle, if I'm wrong I'm sorry.

Here in Paducah Ky I've seen more and more lowered and bagged trucks popping up than anything else. You would think being near the woods, lakes, rivers and some off road trails that lifted would be more popular. Just in the 10 minutes it took me to get home from work I saw 3 lowered trucks and only 1 lifted truck.

Archived