i got my new intake and i don't know if i should attempt to change it myself, inexperience in that sort of things, or take it to a friend that knows how to change it?

this is the engine of my car, just found a random pic but its the same engine. Where i circled is where the intake is and that hose from the radiator is blocking from being able to open it.

http://i.imgur.com/8qVuzHt.jpg

. usually intakes aren't much more than taking off bolts and removing clamps then putting them back, sometimes a little bracket drilling. I would give it a shot

ya its normally pretty easy but if u know ppl that are mechanics maybe have them do it but show you how they are along the way so you can learn?

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Yea mine looks just like open up, take out, put in, and close and done. The only thing im concerned about is the hose. But i had a new alternator put in today and he had to remove a hose that was in the way then put it back on when done. Ill give it a shot tomorrow.

. usually intakes aren't much more than taking off bolts and removing clamps then putting them back, sometimes a little bracket drilling. I would give it a shot

ya its normally pretty easy but if u know ppl that are mechanics maybe have them do it but show you how they are along the way so you can learn?

yea i was thinking that.

Archived