Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 12's on 5k vs. 2 15's on 2.5k daily


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys im looking to get a new setup for a el camino I just picked up. Im working with 7-8 cubic feet roughly and I cant decide between the setup. I have a kicker accommodation through best buy so Im set on either 1 or 2 of the kicker kx2400.1's

Ive had a few systems in the past and usually wanted to go louder not longer after. Id rather save myself the trouble and go big the first time. I can get the kicker cvx or l7's for dirt cheap but ive had l7s in the past and the tinsel leads on them were weaker than id like so id rather find some subs that I can recone if need be down the road.

The goal is hitting 150 db's roughly on this daily setup as ive previously had a setup sitting around 152's with 2 btl 18's on 2 kicker zx2500.1's a few years back.

The possible setups are

A.) 2 15's on 2500rms
B.) 2 12's on 5000rms
C.) 4 10's on 5000rms

Note that if I go with setup A. I will have more room to work with for a solid electrical setup and a bit less in comparison(but still more obviously) if I have to stuff 2 big mono amps in my ride.

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Will also be looking to start a build thread here within the month.

225 Excessive Amperage Alt.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 FI 18 BTL's fully loaded

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358078

Posted

no vs threads, but 4 10s on 5k would have the most cone area and power combined therefore if the install is done right itd make it the loudest

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

k thanks man. and no vs. threads on this sub area or no vs. threads on smd period?

the cone area for the 4 10's is about 315 and drops down to 225 for the 2 12's. but the 2 15's would bump it up to 350 or so but with only half the power. Would u suspect the 15's setup to be close behind or more of a bigger drop? could the 10's move more air than the 15's having less cone area but double the power?

225 Excessive Amperage Alt.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 FI 18 BTL's fully loaded

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358078

Posted

no vs threads period, but even though people say cone area is king, 4 10s isnt far behind and having twice as much power itll move more air

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Why not 2x 15" on 5k

If you have the space, as you say do

Why not on 5k

Even on most mdls of subs the price between the 12's and 15's in the same range is not much at all

Posted

no vs threads period, but even though people say cone area is king, 4 10s isnt far behind and having twice as much power itll move more air

If you're going to rentamod at least know what you're on about.

There isn't even brands put against each other...

I'd go for the 2 15s to be honest, there's been some nasty 2 15 setups come up recently. Always good for the shock factor when they look back and it's just two subs.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Posted

no vs threads period, but even though people say cone area is king, 4 10s isnt far behind and having twice as much power itll move more air

If you're going to rentamod at least know what you're on about.

There isn't even brands put against each other...

I'd go for the 2 15s to be honest, there's been some nasty 2 15 setups come up recently. Always good for the shock factor when they look back and it's just two subs.

Wasn't playing rentamod..... he posted a vs thread, I reminded (not attempted to enforce) him of rules we all have to follow. The he asked to specify if it was no vs threads in the sub enclosure section or on the site period, so I said no vs threads period. Don't see why a lot of people on this site have to call people out and take things the wrong way.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Most obvious issue I see is this:

How in the HECK are you getting 7-8 cubes in an El Camino?!?! Would you mind giving some dimensions please because that's some monster room and I would like to know how you came up with that number.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 428 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...