Sonic Electronix

4" coil 10" tantric sounds SHD

Depends on which format of comp Snow. I believe they are saying that IASCA will consider it a 10" sub. I can definitely see the benefit with having a spider(spiders) that has more surface area and allows some actual throw without destroying itself.

and a 4" coil... shit....

Right. Cone area is still cone area. I could see where someone would throw a fit if it was in a comp but the cone is still a 10.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Depends on which format of comp Snow. I believe they are saying that IASCA will consider it a 10" sub. I can definitely see the benefit with having a spider(spiders) that has more surface area and allows some actual throw without destroying itself.

This

I'm just trying to see where there is any butt hurt...hank and I have never shared one word between each other EVER anywhere on any forum or any form of communications for that matter.

I merely find it hilarious that after all the shit talking about the forum and nut huggers...he's here doing something even the owner of the brand doesn't care about. These are hank's personal subs I think, which means this has absolutely nothing to do with Murphy whatsoever. Which begs the question...why? Why come back to a forum of brainless idiots who defend skarbage?

If anyone is too stupid to read I'll say it again, I'M GLAD HE'S BACK. I just love seeing someone who hates this place willingly come back to try and use the traffic generated by idiots he just oh so loves.

Its funny because some of the other people in here are the same ones clowning the SMD nuthuggers in Team Skarbage.

And lol @ people wanting an actual discussion but also in here talking about everything other than the subs, lol.

I don't compete so these although these are cool, don't think I'd ever run them. Obviously certain classes would get destroyed with something like these. Tantric sure is looking more and more appealing.

I bolded up the butthurt part.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765

CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0
Alpine / Sundown Audio / Audio Technix / Sound Solutions Audio

..and that was the entire point. To have all 12" parts except the cone. A 4" coil is pretty useless in even in a 12" frame unless it's a TC Ti / something similar that uses a larger spyder landing, like Tantric uses.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765

CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0
Alpine / Sundown Audio / Audio Technix / Sound Solutions Audio

No shit Kyle, 4" coil for the win. Too bad Fosgate isn't still in the game from their height. They had the RFR 3110 which was that 4" coiled 10" sub. The motor force wasn't monstrous like I'm sure this SHD slug is. And I don't think the soft parts were taking as much as abuse as modern day parts.

And that Fosgate didn't have the spider real estate either unfortunately :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

..and that was the entire point. To have all 12" parts except the cone. A 4" coil is pretty useless in even in a 12" frame unless it's a TC Ti / something similar that uses a larger spyder landing, like Tantric uses.

It looks a little goofy but I bet it's a performing beast. Would have been nice to see a custom tooled plate for over the top of the surround so you can't see the drastic gap. Could have custom painted it same color as the basket as well. I'm not sure if that would affect excursion though.

The only point in making this was for classes that only allow a pair of 10s. That was the entire point of having it made. 30 sec avg music class. So I wanted something that would soak up power and use it without having excursion limits. If this didn't have this big high roll surround it would have been a waste to build. Only a couple 10" surrounds on the market are capable of reaching the limits with the 10" spider. Most will destroy surrounds. And using a 4" coil I felt it necessary to use 10" spiders in order for the travel because obviously an 8" spider with a 4" coil has a lot less rolls to allow travel.

Don't know why I bother explaining since I'm not wanted here and others know it all.

Are they stiff-ass progressives I would hope. Sundown makes a high roll for the Z's don't they? I agree I'm sure those 10" spiders give that extra oomph and are surely necessary. I have a feeling you're probably throwing ridiculous power at a couple as well....

Archived