Network cable not connected message. ITS CONNECTED!

How long is the run of cat5? I believe 50 feet is about the longest you can use And still have good connection.

its 100 meters, or 300 feet.

OP, have you tried a new ethernet cable? i've had issues with the computers at work detecting that the cable is plugged in, but there is no internet connectivity due to one of the eight wires not being connected.

It's not the wire, the wired was verified on a 3rd computer.

The ends were cut, then re cut a 2nd time. Each color was checked for continuity so it's not the wire itself. This is not a hardware issue all the way to the back of the computer.

I rebooted the computer and the two LED's ontop of the RJ45 connector on the Ethernet card input on the computer light up as they should now.

No longer getting the network cable not connected prompt. Now it appears to be a 169 issue.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

What if you manually assign an ip address to the nic on that computer that is not a used ip on your network? If it works with it manually assigned then your dhcp is having conflicts and you also may have a faulty router.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

How old is your router?

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived