Sonic Electronix

well it went from never doing to doing it alot i will turn it up so everything is shaking then the subs cut of even when my voltage is still around the 13.6v's its pissing me off i have a 160alt two red tops two AA arsenal 15's and a orion 2500d pushing them could my amp be going bad. I was thinking I need to get bigger gauge wire i have 4 cause thats what the amp can fit. PLEASE PLEASE HELP MAN :mad:

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well it went from never doing to doing it alot i will turn it up so everything is shaking then the subs cut of even when my voltage is still around the 13.6v's its pissing me off i have a 160alt two red tops two AA arsenal 15's and a orion 2500d pushing them could my amp be going bad. I was thinking I need to get bigger gauge wire i have 4 cause thats what the amp can fit. PLEASE PLEASE HELP MAN :mad:

Double check all your grounds, then check stuff like loose rca's and remote turn on wire.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

sometimes my deck cut off and cut on i think its my remote wire its crazy then the voltage on my deck be reading 9.8v when i know its 14

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could be the wrong OHM load you ahve your sub etc wired to for your amp, i had my 2 or 4OHM amp wired at 8 OHM by accident and a few songs use to cut out, now i have it at 2 OHM and it has been fine since....... :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm sounds like remote wire huh

might be loose behind headunit

good 4 gauge allows for 144a

ur amp at 14.4v (which we know its not getting) needs 173a, more the lower the voltage

thus u are choking ur amp possibly 30a. would this cause the cutting out no, but it is something to look into

music wont use all 173a, more like 120a, but it wouldnt hurt to run another run of 4, since thats all u need extra, or run 1/0 then use reducers like stinger has

again make sure all connections are fine and secure

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

im so glad i finaly read this thread. after i installed my new 160 amp alt and found out its not for 12v its for 16v systems i still tried it out for a few minutes and now my mids will play and if i turn my volume up past 14-16 my subs cut out all the way untill i turn it back down, so i know i need to check my grounds and all that good stuff....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived