Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HELP: Want to clean up my trunk.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Lol I would drop the batts down to what fits considering 4 batts is more than enough. I would move the other 2 to cubbies on each side and remove all the foam in the floor and build a mount for them that is cleaner. Then a little plexi window and some LED's to show off the batts underneath. Cut a hole in the floor so the terminals on the XS are not rubbing anything and raise the floor there or put plexi there as well. I would do buss bars on the floor batts and then run cable directly to the other 2. This way it's neat and tidy, no foam and no black tape.

putting the batts in the side cubbies would eat up too much of the trunk space than where they are, just like finkster said, it already looks clean

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

Posted

Lol I would drop the batts down to what fits considering 4 batts is more than enough. I would move the other 2 to cubbies on each side and remove all the foam in the floor and build a mount for them that is cleaner. Then a little plexi window and some LED's to show off the batts underneath. Cut a hole in the floor so the terminals on the XS are not rubbing anything and raise the floor there or put plexi there as well. I would do buss bars on the floor batts and then run cable directly to the other 2. This way it's neat and tidy, no foam and no black tape.

putting the batts in the side cubbies would eat up too much of the trunk space than where they are, just like finkster said, it already looks clean

In all honesty (mind you me and kurk are friends off SMD) so I say this as a friend. As clean as the rest of the system is the batt set up is not clean at all. The Chrysler 300 has a ridiculous trunk and those batts aren't huge you could probably fit 2 on one side of the trunk and be good but I like symmetry so I would do one on each side. Plus they won't take up much more space than now surprisingly. I am one for everything being tidy especially in a system and car like Kurk's, he has put a lot of money into making this car look as sexy as it does, system sexy, why not have the power plant he has super clean as well? Even if he doesn't want to eat up space which I don't think he would mind losing 4" on each side, he could always dump 2 batts and still be good voltage wise.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

Well I think I could spare the 4 inches on both sides for sure. I just need to decide how I want to run all the wires (visible or not). Decisions, decisions. Funny thing is, I've still not REALLY tested my voltage drop if any lol.... I've tested a little bit with a cheap DMM but it drips up and down a little but I thinks thats due to the PCM regulation thing. LeAndre knows what I ment haha... The rest of the car looks like a top but then I pop the trunk and im like wow. Not that its all that bad but... the layout could be better. Like I said Im just picky lol.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Posted

Just curious,Do you have zero voltage drop? Do you have voltage sag with all thos batteries? I would find the sweet spot of how many batteries you actually need before the voltage drops,it will minimize voltage sag & give you more room/less weight.

You have some decent work BTW.

Posted

Just curious,Do you have zero voltage drop? Do you have voltage sag with all thos batteries? I would find the sweet spot of how many batteries you actually need before the voltage drops,it will minimize voltage sag & give you more room/less weight.

You have some decent work BTW.

Yeah I need to get it tested to know for sure with a good DMM. The one I have kinda sucks. Also thanks, glad you like what you see. I need to fix a few things that I've messed up lol. Like how the back wall is gapped out too far in a few spots. Which was due to me having to kick the box out to get into the trunk after locking myself out lol...... But yeah, its coming along.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Posted

Yes a good DMM is a must. Just remember,more batteries then you need will drop your voltage when they need to be charged. I have a 220a alt and two batteries (120ah each) powering two kicker 650.4 one at two ohm (all channels) and one AQ3500 4300rms @1ohm) I have a rise of 2.0ohms final at my tuned frequency & I drop voltage from 14.1 to 13.8 at full tilt. When I had 4 batteries my voltage dropped from 13.9 to 13.8,less voltage drop but since I had to sustain 4 batteries my peak voltage never ever made it to 14 volts unless I just started my car & it was very cold outside.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...