Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HELP: Want to clean up my trunk.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so in my trunk I have 6 batteries. I want to make some kind of lid to make it "look" nicer. I was thinking of doing something like; Having a piece of Low Temp plastic and moulding it the the contours of everything. The wraping the moulding in some kind of fabric... where its carpet, fur or just paint it. Would that hurn anything. Should the battery back we well ventalated? They're all gel AGM batterries. BUT in the summer time it can get up to 127 degrees out here in my area. What do you guys think?

Here is battery bank in question. Im mean its not like you can REALLY see it... Im just picky lol.

They're under the trunks floor

100_1912.jpg

100_1918.jpg

100_1920.jpg

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Posted

Form a piece of 1/2 inch mdf with a glass insert and 2 l.e.d strips the follow the music off the amp underneath, other than that, turn those 2 batts that are laying down up, and those short multiple runs of power wire to each batt isnt nessesary,, and use a battery terminal distro block for the ones that are taped.

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

Posted

question... why do you even have so many batteries ... is your sig updated? a dc 3.5k??

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

Do you use the cargo space at all?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

Form a piece of 1/2 inch mdf with a glass insert and 2 l.e.d strips the follow the music off the amp underneath, other than that, turn those 2 batts that are laying down up, and those short multiple runs of power wire to each batt isnt nessesary,, and use a battery terminal distro block for the ones that are taped.

Hmm I was thinking something like this but the floor is actually curved in the spot where the 2 ware laying down. The last two batteries don't fit standing up. I beat the rest of the wheel well flat but thats as deep as its going to get and still fit. I know the multiple runs aren't necessary but I pretty much stole the batts at the price I got them for. I figured you can never have enough reserve :) Also the tape is there because the terminal rubs the bottom of the floor. Its just covering the terminal. There is not actual function to that tape. Kinda like that piece of leather that is in between the tipped over batteries. The negative and positive are a little close to each other..... its just for piece of mind.

question... why do you even have so many batteries ... is your sig updated? a dc 3.5k??

Yep, one DC m2 XL 10" running off a DC 3.5k..... Overkill for sure I know but I wanted 0 voltage drop after finding out I melted the post off my alternator lol. Plus I might upgrade to 2 10's... but for now I kinda like the "wow" factor of "wtf you only got onw 10!?" Haha makes me grin every time.

Do you use the cargo space at all?

I use it from time to time. I definitely need the trunk space that I have currently lol if that thats what your getting at haha. Although my buddy has 2 brand new full CF m2 XL 18" just sitting in the boxes still. I wouldn't mind slapping them bad babies in haha

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Posted

That work looks pretty good even before hand.

Let us know what you come up with.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

Lol I would drop the batts down to what fits considering 4 batts is more than enough. I would move the other 2 to cubbies on each side and remove all the foam in the floor and build a mount for them that is cleaner. Then a little plexi window and some LED's to show off the batts underneath. Cut a hole in the floor so the terminals on the XS are not rubbing anything and raise the floor there or put plexi there as well. I would do buss bars on the floor batts and then run cable directly to the other 2. This way it's neat and tidy, no foam and no black tape.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

That work looks pretty good even before hand.

Let us know what you come up with.

will do

Lol I would drop the batts down to what fits considering 4 batts is more than enough. I would move the other 2 to cubbies on each side and remove all the foam in the floor and build a mount for them that is cleaner. Then a little plexi window and some LED's to show off the batts underneath. Cut a hole in the floor so the terminals on the XS are not rubbing anything and raise the floor there or put plexi there as well. I would do buss bars on the floor batts and then run cable directly to the other 2. This way it's neat and tidy, no foam and no black tape.

Haha ive already cut the floor as much as possible bro. The D3100 is in the stock batteries location which is actually a 34 group. Which is shorter height wise. I guess i could get some of the side mount bus bars for them tho. Or just make something that would work. Its like you read my mind tho haha.. I was thinking of moving the last 2 batteries to the sides next to the wheel wells and hide them. Fake floor with the plexi is a good idea tho.... That allows me to raise the trunk floor away from the top of that terminal just enough to make me happy.

What about temp wise think they'll be ok under wood with possible 127 deg summer heat?

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Posted

That work looks pretty good even before hand.

Let us know what you come up with.

will do

Lol I would drop the batts down to what fits considering 4 batts is more than enough. I would move the other 2 to cubbies on each side and remove all the foam in the floor and build a mount for them that is cleaner. Then a little plexi window and some LED's to show off the batts underneath. Cut a hole in the floor so the terminals on the XS are not rubbing anything and raise the floor there or put plexi there as well. I would do buss bars on the floor batts and then run cable directly to the other 2. This way it's neat and tidy, no foam and no black tape.

Haha ive already cut the floor as much as possible bro. The D3100 is in the stock batteries location which is actually a 34 group. Which is shorter height wise. I guess i could get some of the side mount bus bars for them tho. Its like you read my mind tho haha.. I was thinking of moving the last 2 batteries to the sides next to the wheel wells and hide them. Fake floor with the plexi is a good idea tho.... That allows me to raise the trunk floor away from the top of that terminal just enough to make me happy.

What about temp wise think they'll be ok under wood with possible 127 deg summer heat?

Heat wise I can't be sure man that would be a question for a batt expert lol. I would say if you're worried throw a could fans down there wouldn't hurt nothing but again I am not sure on that. Yeah pull out the stock floor and build a tray for as many as you can on the floor, remove all the foam, then put the other 2 or 1 (if you can get 4 on the floor plus the stock batt) behind a wall. Raise the floor enough for the batts to be comfortable. A little carpet a little plexi some leds. Badda bing badda boom you have a clean ass ridiculously sexy system full of over kill lol. 6 batts for 3.5K love it :drinks:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

Yeah I love me some overkill haha. Plus SHCA's 1/0 is like standard 2/0...... doubling it up is like 4/0 fuk it muahaha... :)

The tray for the stock one is alreay removed so thats as good as its going to get. I'll probably do as sugessted tho and make a false floor and raise a tad to avoid any issues. Thanks for the tips LeAndre ;)

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...