Sonic Electronix

Sub That Will Eat 3000 Daily?

I am already sick of my set up and I haven't even hooked up my second amp/sub. But for the time being, I am just going to sell everything and start over. Now I am in the market for an 18 that can eat, and I mean just straight up eat 3k watts on the daily. My BL's are being beaten a bit too much from 1500 watts daily. I am completely out of ideas here, all that comes in my mind would be a LMS ultra but I can't drop 2 G's in a sub. Any ideas?

I don't understand this. Are you trying to get louder or what?

New project in the works ;)

i will put my vote in for dc lvl 5 18 or 2 lvl 4 15's ;)

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

How do you know how much louder you need to be if youve only hooked up half the system? lol

I'd fix the HU and pick up one w/ some nice preouts or an equalizer opposed to selling your ish

I mean I can pretty much tell you off the bat that even with the other sundown and 15 hooked up I just wouldnt be pleased without re doing my whole box/design and when it comes to that I figure since I am upgrading my electrical I might as well just do it big. Andrew, you probably understand that most people into car audio switch their shit up alot, and I guess I just caught the sickness. 18's will be a nice change.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I mean I can pretty much tell you off the bat that even with the other sundown and 15 hooked up I just wouldnt be pleased without re doing my whole box/design and when it comes to that I figure since I am upgrading my electrical I might as well just do it big. Andrew, you probably understand that most people into car audio switch their shit up alot, and I guess I just caught the sickness. 18's will be a nice change.

thats what i told him.. hes gonna need more preouts with the new system anyways, might as well get an EQ or line driver now and see how it helps.

Thewes, I hear ya on that man. But I'm not too sure that switching from 2 15"s to 1 18" is going to be what youre looking for if you want louder. If you're talking 2 18"s taking 3k each... Now you're talking about an upgrade. Again, the HU is where I'd start. This system is going in an escalade? If so, the 2 sundown 1500's should be no problem on that electrical w/ a large second battery in the rear. Those amps are more than efficient, youre just not utelizing them because of your preout restrictions. I put 2 of them strapped in a buddies explorer and its been running for a year now w/ 2 of the new stinger tiny batteries in the back on the stock alt.

New project in the works ;)

Thewes, I hear ya on that man. But I'm not too sure that switching from 2 15"s to 1 18" is going to be what youre looking for if you want louder. If you're talking 2 18"s taking 3k each... Now you're talking about an upgrade. Again, the HU is where I'd start. This system is going in an escalade? If so, the 2 sundown 1500's should be no problem on that electrical w/ a large second battery in the rear. Those amps are more than efficient, youre just not utelizing them because of your preout restrictions. I put 2 of them strapped in a buddies explorer and its been running for a year now w/ 2 of the new stinger tiny batteries in the back on the stock alt.

Im switching to 2 18's, hopefully two DC level 5's but it seems the motors wont be ready untill late march... (lemme get on that vip list). As for electrical and the two 1500's, with a stock alt, 0 gauge, and a kinetik 1400 in the back, I was getting mad voltage drops with just 1 and when I hooked both up my electrical struggled to even push the subs? It was confusing, but I am revamping my whole electrical before I put the two sundown saz3000s in.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Archived