Sonic Electronix

Sub That Will Eat 3000 Daily?

I am already sick of my set up and I haven't even hooked up my second amp/sub. But for the time being, I am just going to sell everything and start over. Now I am in the market for an 18 that can eat, and I mean just straight up eat 3k watts on the daily. My BL's are being beaten a bit too much from 1500 watts daily. I am completely out of ideas here, all that comes in my mind would be a LMS ultra but I can't drop 2 G's in a sub. Any ideas?

teamsundown-1.jpg

the hdc3 with aluminum coils are suppose to handle 3500w daily

Soundstream XXX 15"

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

If I get the BTL I will be in the same boat I am now with my BL's. 3K watts and daily non stop pounding will equal out to one very hot BTL.

i beg to disagree with you on that one. my BTL's are fully loaded with 3k going to each. everyday. the subs never get warm. i can crank it for however long i want. i want to get 2 more amps and run each amp at .5 ohms with slightly more power to them also.

i beg to disagree with you on that one. my BTL's are fully loaded with 3k going to each. everyday. the subs never get warm. i can crank it for however long i want. i want to get 2 more amps and run each amp at .5 ohms with slightly more power to them also.

In my situation I am going to most likely have my gains up a bit more than correct because my headunit has 2v preouts. But then again, that will probably get every woofer warm.

teamsundown-1.jpg

3k and non stop pounding could do that to just about any sub. How much are you looking to spend? The only big power sub I've had any experience with would be a DD9500. I can't really speak on anything else but I know DC has the level 5. Do you have a price limit or was it just that the 2gs for a sub is out of the question?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

Archived