Am I doing too much?

I just added another run of 1/0 to my big3. And now my volt meter in my dash is below the half mark when i'm at idel. But when I only had the run of 2/0, at idel it would stay a littel above the half mark. Did I do something wrong by adding antoher run of 1/0 to my 2/0? But before whith the one run of 2/0, at night my lights would dimm a littel when I was on the freeway. But now with the second run they don't dimm at all.

lol that just means your amps are actually getting power now... but to get power that means it robs power from other things hence the lower indash volts... now if you had one at the amps i bet you would be surprised

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

how much juice are you runnin cuseikan?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

sounds like you are set to go.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

double check and redo the ground, i had the same problem and it came to be a bad ground , ground it to the motor as well i had it on the chasis of the van and it failed to work rite put it on the motor and i got all of my voltage back

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yea mine was tight as well, if you have the materals it wouldnt hurt to have a ground on the frame and one on the motor, but hopefuly thats what it is , a bad ground, and not a bad alt

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived