Infinite baffle subwoofer experiences! HELP

TeamHirshAudio

I have been doing some research on a couple a different Infinite baffle subwoofers, and the most common woofers i see that come are the FI IB3 subwoofer and the Dayton Audio IB385-8. Does anyone have any experience with either of these 2 subwoofers? Or have any other IB subwoofer? I am thinking a 2-15" set up in you guessed it, and infinite baffle! Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

I heard the Tantric LD series work well in IB as well

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

The Dayton audio IB's are great subs. I use 3 18" Dcs-450's. They are fast, accurate, and very musical. A couple other brands to look at are the jbl MKII, image dynamics 15" and the incriminator Audio Flatlyne series. Also if you are on a budget and want a great IB I would recommend the Pyle blue wave. If you can stomach the look of them they are outstanding IB subs. If you go the IB route make sure to well deaden your rear deck and trunk lid. I would go with a minimum of 1 1/2" baffle and bolt it directly into the car. Mine is 2 1/4" thick and I added a couple 2x's and about 10 lbs. of modeling clay, and fiberglass to mine to make it more rigid and deaden the fuck out of it. Here is a pic of the the subs from the trunk. (I know the bolt holes aren't symmetrical. No fucks given. haha

a245_zps403f6d94.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The Dayton audio IB's are great subs. I use 3 18" Dcs-450's. They are fast, accurate, and very musical. A couple other brands to look at are the jbl MKII, image dynamics 15" and the incriminator Audio Flatlyne series. Also if you are on a budget and want a great IB I would recommend the Pyle blue wave. If you can stomach the look of them they are outstanding IB subs. If you go the IB route make sure to well deaden your rear deck and trunk lid. I would go with a minimum of 1 1/2" baffle and bolt it directly into the car. Mine is 2 1/4" thick and I added a couple 2x's and about 10 lbs. of modeling clay, and fiberglass to mine to make it more rigid and deaden the fuck out of it. Here is a pic of the the subs from the trunk. (I know the bolt holes aren't symmetrical. No fucks given. haha

a245_zps403f6d94.jpg

Yeah ive seen a couple of your vids on youtube when researching IB set ups! I really dont know what brand to go with... stuck between the Dayton, FI IB3, anf tantric LD.. I think im just going to do some research on each brand and see which one i think id personally like more. I love your set up tho!! I wish my ride could fit even 1 18.. but i only have 17" tall... Thanks for the input man!

Well to do it I had to sacrifice my backseat.

a241_zps170f3d9f.jpg

I haven't had one in the car for two years anyway. There was 4 18" in a wall in it before... and 3 18" before that. It is bolted directly to the rear deck. It is the most musical sub setup I have had in the car to date. The Beemer is TaylorFade's. I'm sure he can answer any questions you have about the Tantric subs. Send him a message

Edit. I need to vacuum lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Well to do it I had to sacrifice my backseat.

a241_zps170f3d9f.jpg

I haven't had one in the car for two years anyway. There was 4 18" in a wall in it before... and 3 18" before that. It is bolted directly to the rear deck. It is the most musical sub setup I have had in the car to date. The Beemer is TaylorFade's. I'm sure he can answer any questions you have about the Tantric subs. Send him a message

Edit. I need to vacuum lol

Haha who cares about the looks.. I love the set up tho man! Looks great!!

With a pair of 12s or 15s (depending on what the vehicle can fit) ... you should not HAVE to loose your back seat, all depends on how you build your baffle ...

Everything "should" be able to be built within the trunk area ... but then again, every application is different ...

Once you get the trunk completely cleaned out, and take out your back seat ... we should be able to tell what you have to work with ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You REALLY need to bring this car down to World Finals in Huntsville, Al this October and let me demo this ride !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived