Jump to content
DC Sound Lab

Recommended Posts

Posted

sorry I have like million post I just cant make up my mind, I want to do the build the correct way from beginning. but I narrowed it down finally since I have a car and want to keep everything in the trunk. (2012 fusion) DC power 270 xp alt. goanna be 3 runs of positive and negative from front to rear. will get any batteries I need but question is: is it worth the extra cash to get the dc lvl 5 12's over the xls? it is my daily driver but I do want it to be loud. Im just attracted to all parts of car audio and both subs just look amazing. not meant to be a vs thread, just seeing if in my interest to save up the little extra. Thank you for taking time to look and for any feed back.

Posted

A dc5k will run a pair of XLs all day without issues. I know banginhoe was running 2 5ks and 4 upgraded m2 xl 15s at SBN when he took lightweight bassbox champ. But now he has an exp with 4 nendo bc5500s and 8 ssa 15 zcons..

Posted

i like just running one amp idk just how I've always done it. I don't have one yet if I do get the lvl 5s ill either get the 7.5k or 2 3.5ks and run at 1ohm. This will be my first big build so I want to just do it right the first time.

Posted

Here is the other side to this. The Level 5s are stupidly efficient. This is just one application, but it happened. Rob(thorshammer) got better numbers from a pair of Level 5s on LESS power than XLs with MORE power. Same box, same amp, same impedance. Only thing that changed was the subs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 830 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...