Sonic Electronix

4 10's on a two channel amp?

No you do not want to mix sub types on the same amp

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Not a good idea at all Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

and the reason is because the 2 channels of the amp will be unbalanced, likely causing negative feed issues. Technically speaking, if it's all you have to work with, and the amp has plenty of headroom, then you can do it, but the end results likely will not be as satisfactory as if you ran 2 separate monoblocks on them. It all depends on the differences in the woofers, as to how much negative effect(unbalance) the amp will have.

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

You still do not want to mix sub types any way. You will get cancelation between the 2 different types and it will sound like ass.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

If you were to bridge the amp

The amp would recive a constand even load across the channel

Look at speakers

Different sizes and ohm configs all on same channel

Mixing across different channel is a no,no

You could also do one of each sub on the channels so still 2 but 1 of each on each ch

But then you'll still have to deal with 2 different sub cancelling each other

In the long run its your system as long as you either wire it bridged as a mono or you do one of each sub on each channel, so your gear holds up you'll be fine to do as you please

I remember when I was 18 and cramed 5x 12" (sealed) in my trunk on 3 different amps all were different rms

And it got loud

But I had no care for quality just loud so we used what we had

two subs on one channel, two on the other.

dunno why you want to mix&match subs though. Unless its a SQ system its not worth it, and even in that case if you dont know what you're doing (you dont) you're just going to make loud farting noises that get you laughed at.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived