Sonic Electronix

2002 Ford Mustang Trunk Space for Subs

Before you buy a badass sub do you have the electrical? Or amps? And good luck fitting a 15 in a mustang trunk let alone 2

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Fi SP4, Sundown Zv4, Incrimnator audio Wardens, Soundqubed HC 4.0, American bass HD or VFL, Tantric HHD or SHD, DC Audio level 6, SSA Evil or ZCons, and Skar audio may have some but I am not sure on the series

And if you can wait, sundown will becoming out with nightshade v3 series, it will either do 2500, or 3500 rms. Seen Jacob post both.

And Ascendant Audio is supposed to be making SMDv2, but there is not telling when they will be out

Are RE XXX Subs any good?

If you are asking if they would be ok, then they may, I have not had experience with it, i know someone who has one and says he has 3k watts on it, never heard it, he's been know to stretch the truth a bit as well so Idk.

Now of your asking if it would be on the level of the subs I listed above, in my opinion, no it would not. I would take one of the listed over it, pretty much anyday of the week.

Another sub brand you could look at is digital Designs, if you want power the 9500 series is nasty, but you better have a deep pocket. Also if I was you I'd try 2 12 inch subs instead of 15s, seems like space may be an issue. 2 12 with good space will out place 2 15 with no space anyday.

Also you may want to look into electrical as well, you will need a High output Alternater, upgraded battery under hood and at least second battery or something like that, if you plan on powering the subs like they need to be

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

No 2 15's will not work in a mustang trunk. Look at orionstang's build log he has done alot

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Maybe one, if you're lucky, because those require some beefy box designs, plus the batt, plus the amp. Your best bet is to get one and run that off of a SAZ-3500

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

As OrionStang said : you can get 2 powerful 10"s easily. If you make the right choice and use a badass box, people will ask you how did you fit an 18" sub in there ?!!!!

I'd go that route.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived