intrevic Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and needed some help. I recently bought a 2013 Sonata and was looking into putting a single 10" sub into the car. I don't want to run more than 600 watts rms as I don't need to ruin my new car. Now having said that I will be having Dave the box guy make a box for me. The subs I was looking at were the DC lvl2, Sundown SA, Audioque SDC 2.5, and Skar VVX and if anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. As far as the amps go I still haven't decided as I have been looking at possibly getting the same brand as the sub. I would like an amp that won't drain my electrical system but first the sub.
Crandis16 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 you should be more specific with the help that you want so that we can all help you... like box tuning for example. I wouldn't ask opinions on brands because nuthuggers will say one is better than the other based on nothing. That's what I said when I did my first build, then I caught the bass bug lol. single 10 with 600 watts firing rear in the trunk should be fine. For daily listening for mainstream music I like to tune to ~38hz as for an amp... good luck finding a sundown/DC/skar amp to do only 600. You will probably have to look elsewhere for that unless you want to buy a 1.2k and run it at 2ohms to give you ~600wrms My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
Crandis16 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 If you don't want to drain your electrical then I would suggest an extra battery in the trunk My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
rocking.that.eclipse Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 I would suggest a big three to start first and see where you are from there.
Watch the bass Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 AA Arsenals http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arsenal.php, Digital Designs 1510 http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/woofers/1500-series "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
loudNlow87 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 What kind of box are you having made? And what kind of tuning if ported? As someone already stated, it's gonna be hard to find an amp of those brands that does that kind of power without wiring up. '11 Jeep Patriot New Build Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD Front: Massive CK69 Components Front Amp: Massive NX2 Rears: Infinity Kappa's Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's Sub Amp: AB 450.1 XS D3100 Come on 150!
Watch the bass Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 you should be more specific with the help that you want so that we can all help you... like box tuning for example. I wouldn't ask opinions on brands because nuthuggers will say one is better than the other based on nothing. That's what I said when I did my first build, then I caught the bass bug lol. single 10 with 600 watts firing rear in the trunk should be fine. For daily listening for mainstream music I like to tune to ~38hz as for an amp... good luck finding a sundown/DC/skar amp to do only 600. You will probably have to look elsewhere for that unless you want to buy a 1.2k and run it at 2ohms to give you ~600wrms AQ 750. or a RF T 500.1, any T series amp does more than rated. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
intrevic Posted September 8, 2013 Author Report Posted September 8, 2013 As far as the box it's going to be ported and with an aero port tuned to whatever sub I decide to get. I want the box built to whatever specs the manufacture says unless you guys say otherwise. I'm no expert here that's why I'm asking for the help and I really won't upgrade more than a 10" as I need the trunk space. I know the amp is going to be a bit of a pain because of the power I'm trying to run but that's why I said sub first. I would like to order the sub and box then start on the amp. By the way on sound solutions audio website they are shown a sundown sae 600 I believe it's a prototype for $210. Thats why I'm trying to figure out the sub first and then go from there.
1two3 Posted September 8, 2013 Report Posted September 8, 2013 you should be more specific with the help that you want so that we can all help you... like box tuning for example. I wouldn't ask opinions on brands because nuthuggers will say one is better than the other based on nothing. That's what I said when I did my first build, then I caught the bass bug lol. single 10 with 600 watts firing rear in the trunk should be fine. For daily listening for mainstream music I like to tune to ~38hz as for an amp... good luck finding a sundown/DC/skar amp to do only 600. You will probably have to look elsewhere for that unless you want to buy a 1.2k and run it at 2ohms to give you ~600wrms AQ 750. or a RF T 500.1, any T series amp does more than rated. i can testify for the t500.1. those will do about 700+. my t1000 does 1400 at 1 and 2 ohms. just dont get the bass knob...all that thing does is clip. also heard nothing but good things about the aq750. i think its cheaper than the T500 too. either are great bang for ur buck Car: 2000 Honda CRV Battery: XS Power D5100R Alternator: Stock 90A Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Front Speakers: Alpine Type S Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g Volt Meter: SMD VM-1 Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts
intrevic Posted September 8, 2013 Author Report Posted September 8, 2013 As far as the tuning goes do most of these subs prefer around the 35hz or should it be higher and I was thinking around 1.25 or 1.50
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.