Sonic Electronix

wire brand pros and cons

For CCA vs. OFC, see my little spiel here. Not saying that one is necessarily better than the other, but when choosing CCA over OFC for cost reasons, remember that it will also be less conductive. The extra runs you'll need to compensate may negate the cost advantages after you buy extra terminals and fuse holders

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?p=2461444

The other thing to look for in wire is strand count. Not just strand count, but strand size. If you know that, you can look up an AWG chart on wikipedia and multiply it out to find your cross sectional area of the wire. Which will tell you if it's true 0 gauge or not

Oh.. And tinned OFC will be more corrosion resistant than CCA or bare OFC. Shouldn't be an issue if your connections are properly sealed, but it's something to think about

Well from the sounds of it everyone here likes shca wire im sure the other brands are good also but I belive shca is a smaller company and to me I would rather support a growing business with a good product then give a ceo of a company to buy a bottle of champaign on his yacht. Where do I get shca products I couldnt find a website and I really wanted to see a catalog for their stuff also. And thank you all for all of your replies its greatly appriciated

Archived