Basic battery question..

Ok, so I was thinking that when I finally get all my ducks in a row to do a complete build on my Camry, that I will want to upgrade my stock battery up front. (Not an extra battery, just the one under the hood). I drive a 4 cyl Camry, what would be the best brand/size to place up there. I hear a lot of talk about yellow top/red top, wet cell/dry cell and so on. <--- I don't know what that means.) What brand would be a good upgrade for a stock car that will eventually be running an extra 2500 - 3000 watts of audio equipment? And I have a stock alt as of now (if that matters), but I may upgrade to a 180-200 later if I need the power.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Ok, so then is the Optima Yellow top a good fit? I did a little google search of AGM batteries and that one pooped up, and I have heard people here talk about it?

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Ok, so then is the Optima Yellow top a good fit? I did a little google search of AGM batteries and that one pooped up, and I have heard people here talk about it?

I think a lot of members do not like the optima yellow top batteries because of the way they are made. Kinetik and XS are good brands to look at. Visit their websites to find out what size battery you'll need. XS even has a vehicle selector tool to tell you which batteries fit to replace your stock battery. For a 2500-3000 RMS system you will need a very big battery AND big three upgrade, even a second battery if you don't have a high output alt...if you are starting out with a 1200-1400wRMS system and only planning on upgrading alter, then a batery upgrade under the hood and big three will be fine for the time being until you can get a higher output alternator.

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

I think a lot of members do not like the optima yellow top batteries because of the way they are made. Kinetik and XS are good brands to look at. Visit their websites to find out what size battery you'll need. XS even has a vehicle selector tool to tell you which batteries fit to replace your stock battery. For a 2500-3000 RMS system you will need a very big battery AND big three upgrade, even a second battery if you don't have a high output alt...if you are starting out with a 1200-1400wRMS system and only planning on upgrading alter, then a batery upgrade under the hood and big three will be fine for the time being until you can get a higher output alternator.

My big 3 kit is at home in the box, so that will be done. I have a 600 on my miss now, and a 1200 will be ordered next week. so 1800 for now. I hope a new battery + big 3 will be enough, but only time (and my multi meter) will tell. Thanks, I will look into the other batteries you suggest.

My big 3 kit is at home in the box, so that will be done. I have a 600 on my miss now, and a 1200 will be ordered next week. so 1800 for now. I hope a new battery + big 3 will be enough, but only time (and my multi meter) will tell. Thanks, I will look into the other batteries you suggest.

yeah, 1800 true RMS is kinda pushing it if you don't have a high output alternator. The battery upgrade and big three WILL help though but I would think you will still have some voltage drop at full tilt.

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

YEah, and the SQ1200D will be dropped to 1 ohm, so it will be sucking power... Uhhhg, this built keeps getting pricier and pricier everyday.. bowpuke.gif.pagespeed.ce.aMPWEcb8FL.gif

yup, that's car audio for you...gotta pay to play. Like that with anything really. Go look at some 500WHP subie STI builds...$30k in parts and labor. Talk about pricey ;P

Archived