Second Skin Audio

SD-2 10's highest rms!

What is the most 2 sd10's can take?? i have 2 SA-10's and a SoundQubed 2200 but the guys at a local audio shop said they wouldn't recommend the SA-10s even if i lifted the seat because i would get the same sound out of kicker comps simply because a box under the seat wouldnt have enough airspace. So i have some SD-2 10's on the way, can I use the 2200 on them or will they blow?? what would you guys recommend that would fit under the backseat of an '04 Crew cab f150? I want it to bump loud and at the same time keep it under the back seat

Does the shop you went to sell kicker products? Many shops just try to shit on any equipment that they don't deal.

And when it comes to overpowering woofers, limits come with experience.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Does the shop you went to sell kicker products? Many shops just try to shit on any equipment that they don't deal.

And when it comes to overpowering woofers, limits come with experience.

lol yeah, but i live in south south south texas and theyre the only shop i know of that does custom work

also, my mom has some 10" CVR's in her pt cruiser that i put in brand new about a month ago, should i just stick the SA-10's in there and put the CVR's in my truck? I know they fit, my neighbor has them in his '06 and I can just use them until the SD-2's come in anyways and stick them in there when they get here

The SA-10s and the CVR's have very similar box requirements of 1.25cu^3. In fact kicker says that the CVR should have a min of 1.25, sundown says that the sa-10 should be between 1.0 and 1.25cu^3.

Food for thought?

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

The SA-10s and the CVR's have very similar box requirements of 1.25cu^3. In fact kicker says that the CVR should have a min of 1.25, sundown says that the sa-10 should be between 1.0 and 1.25cu^3.

Food for thought?

The box cvr's really like would be considered too big for the sa series lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

How is that food for thought?

And OP if you need to ask this question I'm sure that giving double RMS to a pair of subs isn't in the best of your interests.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

If you have to ask, then I wouldn't do it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Food for thought?

only issue is the cvr's will fit and the SA-10's wont without a lot of work D: How much power can the SD-2 10's take?? I know Sundown Audio underrates their subs by a lot but i have a feeling wiring them at 1ohm on a SoundQubed 2200 might be too much for them lol, and theres no way i cant fit them under my seats the mounting depth is only 4.75"

I just went by the numbers.. I don't own the SA's, nor have really looked into them. But I assume Sundowns numbers are accurate.

How is that food for thought?

And OP if you need to ask this question I'm sure that giving double RMS to a pair of subs isn't in the best of your interests.

How the place was just trying to sell him something?

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived