Why Am I Not Getting Full Potential

So a smaller box, higher tuneing would be louder than a resonalble size box, high tuneing and lots of power? Thats what Ive had the best results with. Smaller boxes seem like they were being sufficated. Weird to explain.

Well there's a point where the box is too small. But, a box that is smaller than what you would want for music is generally a louder box. If you look at a lot of spl street setups, their boxes are all on the small side. It sounds like shit, but once you find the correct note a small box can generate some mean sound pressure.

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

Well there's a point where the box is too small. But, a box that is smaller than what you would want for music is generally a louder box. If you look at a lot of spl street setups, their boxes are all on the small side. It sounds like shit, but once you find the correct note a small box can generate some mean sound pressure.

I could kind of see how it relates and works. Ive found the recommended or larger boxes within reason are by far better and have more output when designed and built right.

Ive found the recommended or larger boxes within reason are by far better and have more output when designed and built right.

Across the spectrum, yes, because large boxes tend to play flatter. For spl, no. You want a small/peaky box for spl. Fart boxes tned to suck on the majority of frequencies, but once you play the correct one it can create pressures that a big box never could. I didn't even believe the small box theory until I tried it. I found that it's not a lie!

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

Hope you get the #s your looking for. I wont guess numbers and put the pre-comp guess hoojoo on you, so good luck.

BTW- I would always turn the sub to +10 on my alpine unit before, but I got a line driver and it really made a difference.

1v preouts ftl.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived