Why Am I Not Getting Full Potential

You'll jump up a few more dB's if you add some more power. Small box + high tune + loads of power typically = best scores.

So a smaller box, higher tuneing would be louder than a resonalble size box, high tuneing and lots of power? Thats what Ive had the best results with. Smaller boxes seem like they were being sufficated. Weird to explain.

I know that that head unit thing is the main issue....and I have it sub up port back. It sounds great so I'm happy with the positioning, and will see soon how loud it REALLY can get

Well It seams that you have good box postioning, well built box, good tuneing, correct settings on your head unit could be resrtricting your amps and subs. Thats what it does seem like.

actually that helps a ton. It confirms everything I was thinking so I definitely should get way louder soon!! Also since I will be able to lower my gains I can probably give my subs more power as well! I originally thought that was a bass boost which is why I didn't use it....

thats why it helps to be on a forum like this so we can clear things up and get everyone louder and even more annoying to the car next to us :lol:

i noticed by ear what seems like another 1-2db when i reset the amp, i was sending gobs of dirty power before, im really impressed with the re se's since they took my negligence for so long

you will be louder, and im guessing u can gain more than me cause u got 18's, mine were 12's

and i was more comfortable playing at full tilt knowing my gain was set so much lower

what u should pay attention to is the change in sound to, cause mine just seemed to breath more on lower notes and it almost smoothed the transitions between notes more since all notes were more evenly powered without distortion

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

you'll are crazy, use a dmm

on a Alpine IVA-D310 CD / DVD for my friend with:

2 18" fi ssds 12cuft@32hz

hifonics 2000d

stinger1700(2)

0 gauge

200a alt

with a dmm only until sub # at 15 did i see anything near 2v

it is not clipping, call alpine, when i did, they said that like jvc, the sub # needs to be all the way to 15 for full voltage

pioneer and sony's sub number is a bass boost at a specified frequency, alpine and jvc are level/voltage adjusters

(keep in mind this is what i've been told by each companies tech dept. when i was using their headunits for a system setup. I do this everytime i have a new headunit i havent used since you'd never know)

This is how i blew my RE Audio amp, i set the sub setting too low, then to compensate set the gains to high, which sent some crappy signals to my subs till they couldnt take it, now, with my jvc kd-shx8500 sub setting @ 12 instead of 0 like i thought it should be, it sounds a lot better/cleaner and the gain went from being set at 3/4 to 1/4!!

so we have it set at

volume 22 since it sounds bad after that (62% total volume only! :angry: )

sub at 15

and MXE at cc3

hope this helps

I have a JVC and keep mine at -6 at all times and compete like that

Your volume at 22 only should tell you that your gain is to high right there.....you dont wanna max out at vol 22(barely over half allowable setting) from gain being to high......that sounding bad after 22 is clipping...turn your gain down and give the sub a chance to get louder progressively with volume

2004 Explorer4 12" Type R500.1(.5 ohm)6cu@35hz153@ 44hz

I have a JVC and keep mine at -6 at all times and compete like that

Your volume at 22 only should tell you that your gain is to high right there.....you dont wanna max out at vol 22(barely over half allowable setting) from gain being to high......that sounding bad after 22 is clipping...turn your gain down and give the sub a chance to get louder progressively with volume

No alpine decks are notorious for clipping at round 23 so they should be set to 22.... 23 is 2/3 max volume which is where you would normally set gain to anyway

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

you'll are crazy, use a dmm

on a Alpine IVA-D310 CD / DVD for my friend with:

2 18" fi ssds 12cuft@32hz

hifonics 2000d

stinger1700(2)

0 gauge

200a alt

with a dmm only until sub # at 15 did i see anything near 2v

it is not clipping, call alpine, when i did, they said that like jvc, the sub # needs to be all the way to 15 for full voltage

so we have it set at

volume 22 since it sounds bad after that (62% total volume only! :angry: )

sub at 15

and MXE at cc3

hope this helps

Yup Yup my alpines set the same

volume 22 (not 3/4...lol)

bass 0

sub 15 (it doesn't clip)

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

With subs moved forward(to allow more breathing at the port) and new tuning at +15 ....results = holy shit balls .... hahaha I also used a good dmm which goes into the thousandths place for finest of tuning, and set it to 1450 wrms this time...

edit: also the sq improved quite a bit... the subs kick way harder, to the point that it is hard to breathe when they do, and sounds such as bass guitar seem to allow the "plucked string" sound to come in better...overall fix rating :10/10

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived