Jump to content

GOOGLE TV - Anyone Use It? Like It Over Apple TV? Box Recommendations?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am looking at getting a Google TV box ... got some birthday money comin'. :)

I have looked on Newegg, Amazon, etc., & reviews seem to be A L L over the board - no pun intended.

Thoughts on G TV as it is, & the different boxes some of you might have?

Thanks ...

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

We have both. The Google TV does SO much more, that you really cant compare the two.. But I like me ATV. I have an iPhone and Mac, so of course I use iTunes.. and the ATV works so much better for me. It integrates seamlessly. My mom has a Netflix acct, and I can even watch Netflex on it if I want to.. Of course it has YouTube support too.

On top of that, it has Hulu, ESPN, HBO, and more. If only it had a web browser...

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

We have both. The Google TV does SO much more, that you really cant compare the two.. But I like me ATV. I have an iPhone and Mac, so of course I use iTunes.. and the ATV works so much better for me. It integrates seamlessly. My mom has a Netflix acct, and I can even watch Netflex on it if I want to.. Of course it has YouTube support too.

On top of that, it has Hulu, ESPN, HBO, and more. If only it had a web browser...

What box do you have for Google, hdorre?

Bump for maybe a few more folks being on the interwebs ...

Also forgot to mention, ... I have access to HBO Go, a Netflix acct., Amazon Prime, ... & I know I can utilize those w/ Google TV.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

Last bump, ... at least by me.

Maybe this is not as popular a topic as I thought it would be ...

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

I like my chromecast if you can find it anywhere. It's not quite as good as Google TV yet but it's cheap. My buddy has a roku box and he loves it. If you are an apple user I'd get apple TV since they can sync together.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7804 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...