Sonic Electronix

I need an alt; acessories to it? what to look for?

I need an alternator for my '04 grand prix GT. I was looking for a 220-300 Amp choice to keep my electrical up to par. I have 2 XS power d975 (one front one back), big 3 wiring, but my long run is done by knu CCA and most wiring is CCA.
(except for some big 3 strands and such)

I am only running near 2k, but would having a strand of OFC 1/0 to my front to rear battery and perhaps another run of ground sufficiently make a difference? My amp only draws 150 A at max.

In case I want to run 3k in the future, I would comfortably want a 250 - 300 A alt and upgrade my battery bank. What alt should I go with? I am really looking for something within the price range of 350-450$

Has anyone ever used stock case sized rebuilt alts and had good results?

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Try and get quotes from DC power, mechman, or singer. They all make a quality product that will fit your needs. You might have to come up on the amount you are willing to spend though.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Try and get quotes from DC power, mechman, or singer. They all make a quality product that will fit your needs. You might have to come up on the amount you are willing to spend though.

i called about a 240 amp alt for my charger and mechman quoted me $399 plus shipping so i would say if you want 250 at leats your going to spend 300+

Archived