Second Skin Audio

Trunk build help - Almost there I think

GZRWbass

Is that all the depth you have to work with?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'm just going to go with what BB said for 40in2 for port area, but just add some depth to the box and length to the port tell you get desired net volume and tuning.

Also as others pointed out you should want the driver more to the right some more.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

As a side note, just cause i think it's funny as fuck.

Earlier today b4 you changed your pic I looked at your profile. I was the only one who visited....

I just looked again and sure enough......... the line is wrapped around the corner

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Plug in 36 wide, 14 high and 18 deep with a 3.5" port 12.5" high and 24" long. tell me if you like the numbers that shows

can you go 18" deep ( any other time I'd be talkin' dirty, I'm being serious on the box)

Yeah that's fine. Only problem is I have a net volume of 3.33 with what you have suggested when the recommended is 1.94. Ground zero don't list displacement either and I have emailed them twice now to try and find out the woofer displacement with no reply, no they didn't ask for pictures. That's why I took a guess on the first post.

I also need to have a minimum port area of 45.19 in. My xmax is 25mm for the subwoofer.

Getting much closer now though!

Archived