Jacob macri Posted September 15, 2013 Report Posted September 15, 2013 I need help wiring four 4 ohm 12's. I'm wiring them to a TA1.3000.d and its .5 ohms stable. I was told just to do two runs of this diagram and connect 2 positives and negatives to the terminals in my amp to get .5 ohms. http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg Thanks in advanced
AlpineNut Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 Here is a link i found from SoundStream on the amp. And at 1Ohm the amp puts out 2,500W and at .5Ohms it puts out 3,000W, so really a 250W difference really won't make a huge difference in power for each sub. So just use the amp at 1Ohm and you should be fine, because as we all know going into the lower ohms even though rated can cause issues later on in the amps life, kinda like OverClocking a CPU in a computer, even though it is designed for it, it does shorten the life of the CPU! http://soundstream.com/store/car-audio/amplifiers/tarantula-ta/ta1-3000d.html 73456w9vbwevsdb sodtbsorutnvsd sdtuspdun sd d f gsdfiusd gdf n
CstrokerV Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 blah parallel the coils then the subs.. my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
ghostlyrich Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 a cool sub woofer wiring calculator and gives you a diagram http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostlyrich Mazda 3 2006 Build (R.I.P) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172728-mazda-3-2006-stealth-build/ Volkswagen GTI 2011 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192979-vw-gti-2011-build/ Jeep 2015 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201493-my-new-jeep-2015/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.