I'm Doing My Doors Soon... Help!!

SMZ2

Well I have my speaker rings now and I plan to glass the doors soon but I have so many questions...

First off I will only be doing the bottom of the door so should I make a copy with the resin to have a shell? Then attach the rings to that and glass? Also what is a good brand of resin and cloth? If I am wrapping with fur is there a need for a filler? Finally how would I attach the shell to the panel?

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

This guy has a bunch of great "how to" videos for car audio.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Yeah he does man. I watch his videos quite often

Well I have my speaker rings now and I plan to glass the doors soon but I have so many questions...

First off I will only be doing the bottom of the door so should I make a copy with the resin to have a shell? Then attach the rings to that and glass? Also what is a good brand of resin and cloth? If I am wrapping with fur is there a need for a filler? Finally how would I attach the shell to the panel?

Yes

Yes

us composites 435 resin and mat

Mine are wrapped in fur and I still used filler

Mine are bolted to the door panel with machine screws and I ca glued the screws and nuts in place

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Yes

Yes

us composites 435 resin and mat

Mine are wrapped in fur and I still used filler

Mine are bolted to the door panel with machine screws and I ca glued the screws and nuts in place

Do you have any pictures of how you bolted it?

I don't know why everyone thinks bolting is such a complicated task. Drill holes, apply bolt with washer and lock washer, apply other washer and lock washer, apply nut. I get that question twenty times a day on the door pod videos, I don't understand where the confusion lies?

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Archived