Second Skin Audio

Post up pics of your Extended Cab Truck Boxes!!!!

Colin - STAPUFT

Like the title says- Post up pics of your Extend Cab Truck Boxes!

AND

Throw out any crazy Ideas or wild box designs you have heard of or seen.

I can't just have a regular box... so I'm thinking about making a horn loaded enclosure of some sort if I can squeeze it in. The deal is, it has to be below the window line.

4520jbl-1.jpg

...just all shrinky dink for an extended cab.

Or maybe a tapped horn?:

THAM15MKII_BUILD.JPG

Aaaaand GO.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

applicatoion ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

^ Very nice sir. I just wen't through your build again real quick. SOLID. Very nice.

Randal- it is going to be in a 1998 Nissan Frontier. Below the window line and I want it to be very much incognito. If anything, I just want it to be a big box, and not much else (I can hide the battery and amp). I would prefer that the subs couldn't be seen at all- that is why I'm thinking Tapped Horn, Dekware styled death box, low rider, or inverted wedge box (I kind of like that one, but adding ports as well). Application? Eh.... Bass I guess? Really, more than anything I want it to be accurate and looow. But there is a part of me that wants something really loud. But I'm not really down for a typical ported box to hit a note. So really I want musical, low and accurate.

Deathbox

dbk212y.jpg

Low Rider

lowrider.jpg

Inverted Wedge

invertedwedge.gif

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Or while I'm on a Decware kick, why not a House Wrecker?

rbjkgp.jpg

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Here's my setup in the back of my Dodge Dakota. It's not quite below the window line, but that can obviously be fixed with a different box.

P1170438_zps8b020354.jpg

P1170442_zpsb3b29e6f.jpg

The amps slide out from under the seat/amp rack dealio too.

P1170441_zps47200d2f.jpg

It may not be quite what you're looking for, seeing as it's just a simple ported box, but maybe it'll give you a few ideas!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I've always loved what you did with the battery and amps in your build. Putting the amps stacked like that but on roll out trays is a stroke of genius. :D I tell you what I really like about it too- you now have a flat bed to put different boxes on fairly easily. EXACTLY what I want to do as well.

I know the hump in Dakotas isn't that big, but it is in the Frontier. That makes that space a good bit lumpy and almost useless. Unless one were to put their 2nd battery and amps down there. hmmm. :D Good stuff. Thanks for posting those!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Honnestly ... I say do it like ChevyBoy95's truck ...

Simple, sweet, and to the point of just being bad ass ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

His is nice, no doubt. But there is no back seat back there to worry about. So the whole thing begs to be a speaker box.

Secondly- this truck has 514,000 miles. Let that sink in a bit. I want to build this right, but It will never be as nice as ChevyBoy95's truck. lol

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

His is nice, no doubt. But there is no back seat back there to worry about. So the whole thing begs to be a speaker box.

Secondly- this truck has 514,000 miles. Let that sink in a bit. I want to build this right, but It will never be as nice as ChevyBoy95's truck. lol

hey hey hey, mine has 226,XXX. Thanks for the kind words though colin and randall

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived