Whats the best website to get the best HID kits?

I have a cavalier right now with aftermarket projector headlights and HID highs and lows. But they're really shitty. I'll be getting a new car soon and I want to get a good quality set of HID's for it. So like the title says, what's the best website to get the best HID kits?

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

Currently:

Powder coated 300amp Mike Singer Alt

(1) XS Power D3400

(1) XS Power D3100

Future:

CT Sounds CT2200.1D

DC Audio 15" M2 XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Dont throw HIDs in your oem housings. Look into a projector first. You will need to retrofit it though.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com

This is correct:

13943d1368542117-hid-projector-retrofit-

This is bullshit:

photo-71764.jpg?_r=1346381068

fixed :peepwall:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I got mine from ProTuningLab.com

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Why shouldn't I put HID's in the stock housings?

You will blind the fuck out of on coming traffic. Possibly causing wrecks. I aimed my stock housings low as I could so I wouldn't blind them as bad. Still, it's not the way to do it. Not to mention you can get pulled over too if the cops feel like you are blinding them.

You said you have projector headlights now, why would to even think to going back to stock housings after projectors?

edit: saw you are getting a new car, but still. get projectors for hids

Why shouldn't I put HID's in the stock housings?

A few reasons. But I'm guessing your going to do it anyway. You have the right to do to what you want to your vehicle.

1) depending on the housings Heat can be a factor.

2) unless you aim them way down you will blind everyone on the road.

3) Most non-oem kits are very temperamental.

Personally. I could care less if someone has bright ass hids. I run 2 layers of 5% tint on my whole vehicle. Just the majority of drivers (without tint) will find it irritating. You may get brake checked or chased from time to time. (personal experience from running 3 sets of 55w 8000K in my Mugen)

DDMtuning, 3 or 4 years strong, no issues at all.. and very cheap

and I will agree on the housing thing, I have projectors and I STILL get flashed, till i flash them with my 55w 6000k highs, i have my shit aimed way down to not blind people and I still get it.. even with projectors lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Well for a more technical explanation

Your stock housings are meant for halogens lights, not HID which put out a TON more light then halogen. HID = High Intensity Discharge. Your stock housings are also called reflective housing, meaning they reflect/ scatter the light onto the road. Well once you put the HID's in your stock housing, it will scatter much more light all over the places. Yes you will get more light infront of you, but once you install them, turn them on and look off to your left and right, look how much random light is in those directions. NOT good.

Projectors don't scatter the light everywhere, they make a even amount of light out in front of you. They also have a SHARP cut off line so that when drivers do come near you from the other direction, the light will instantly get cut off and won't blind them. See pictures below for reference.

Projectors = good

90ir.jpg

reflective housing = bad

57763d1181626910-hid-glare-removal-mod-w

Archived