Dorm Room System 2.0 sub suggestions? And build to follow

I'd love to see pics/vids of these setups guys! What equipment were you running for sub and mids/highs stage? Got my Bash 300s around $175 on parts express, they have great deals

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

I can hear the people talking in the dorm next to mine, no way could I have that haha. I would piss of everybody. I wanted to bring some speakers, but I invested in a couple headphones and a headphone amp. 150 mw at 32 ohms FTW haha

And about the sub suggestion: I have an 8 inch JBL GTO that I used after I blew my SA-8. It handled 350 watts RMS all day surprisingly. I have a couple videos on my channel of it flexing my trunk and some excursion.

I'd love to see those vids! Did it perform well enough to kill those lows? I kinda wana do a build to see how low I can get an 8...It's just the weird lookin' basket on that JBL that has me stayin away tho that's probably not a very good reason

this one is with an RE SEX 12 and the 500 watt plate amp

this one is what I use today with the behringer

my receiver is a Yamaha RX-A730 and I've got 2 pairs of Cerwin Vega VE-5s for surrounds, VE-12's for towers, and an XLS 6" center channel.

In my vids it was mixed equipment with a Pioneer receiver, I was still figuring out what to do.

I love my setup now, this will last me a while I'm guessing.

holy mother of christ, that must have been loud. I remember looking into running a transformer and just running 12v gear so I could pretty much just transplant it into a car, but decided the 120v route would be much easier...got pics though?

Noo :( I got rid of it a couple months ago and never took and pics or videos. I just used it to watch the movies with the most explosions the days after everyone had been load and annoying and had a hangover. Lol

DAMN facekicker, those REs look like sexy-ass subs! Nice looking setup, what do you think it all cost you? Chuck that sucks whyd you get rid of it? lol @ killing people with hangovers with bass too

Thanks man. The SE sub build ran me up around $500 or so, but this was when those plate amps cost more, and now the SE subs are improved. I spent more like twice that for the XXX setup, I could have saved some money going with a different driver, like a Threatcon-4 and been just as happy as I am now.

holy shit thats some money! sounds like its worth it tho!

Thanks man. The SE sub build ran me up around $500 or so, but this was when those plate amps cost more, and now the SE subs are improved. I spent more like twice that for the XXX setup, I could have saved some money going with a different driver, like a Threatcon-4 and been just as happy as I am now.

The XXX looks like its moving pretty good the SEX looks meh...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

The XXX looks like its moving pretty good the SEX looks meh...

~500 watt plate amp on the SEX, ~2000 watts on the XXX.

Archived