Sonic Electronix

Got a question for you, if you don't mind. Why do you want Cea compliant amps only? If it's because you think that because they have that sticker they will produce the best power or be the only ones that do rated, then that's not necessarily true. Although it is a nice indicator of what should preform at least as rated, it does not mean amps without it aren't just as good.

Now I'm not saying get a sundown, because that would blow your budget, but look at steve meade's amp test on one, it's not cea compliant and does over rated power :)

If you also want a gauge on how an amp that is cea rated and around your price point, then check out the hifonics brutus elite 1700 video he did. I'm not saying you need the 1700, but hifonics is cea compliant and their amps are round your budget if you get something like their 1100.

The soundqubed someone posted earlier would be a good amp for the kickers. The 750, or 1200 would work well. The 750 althought it may not have headroom, would provide good clean power, which is more important than having a lot of extra dirty power. And if you do want the extra power, the 1200 is like 50 dollars more. Just giving you something's to think about :)

Like I said the soundcube I have never even heard of before and that one was above my budget,

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Got a question for you, if you don't mind. Why do you want Cea compliant amps only? If it's because you think that because they have that sticker they will produce the best power or be the only ones that do rated, then that's not necessarily true. Although it is a nice indicator of what should preform at least as rated, it does not mean amps without it aren't just as good.

Now I'm not saying get a sundown, because that would blow your budget, but look at steve meade's amp test on one, it's not cea compliant and does over rated power :)

If you also want a gauge on how an amp that is cea rated and around your price point, then check out the hifonics brutus elite 1700 video he did. I'm not saying you need the 1700, but hifonics is cea compliant and their amps are round your budget if you get something like their 1100.

The soundqubed someone posted earlier would be a good amp for the kickers. The 750, or 1200 would work well. The 750 althought it may not have headroom, would provide good clean power, which is more important than having a lot of extra dirty power. And if you do want the extra power, the 1200 is like 50 dollars more. Just giving you something's to think about :)

I agree. go with an amp that doesn't even mention CEA compliant...one that. just. does. rated.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

well at least before you make a decision, check out some of steve's amp test Tuesday vids, it will help you out with your decisions very well.

And hey if it's your last personal build, might be worth a few extra bucks for quality, don't have to go insane with the money, if you shop around there are good amps with a price tag your looking for.

And check out this amp brand since your on a budget and want cea: hifonics.

and since you posted about pioneer ealier, here is an amp you can consider if you like their stuff : http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_63975_Pioneer-GM-D9601.html?SearchClickout%5Bquery_id%5D=265382&SearchClickout%5BIgnore%5D=1

It gives you headroom and under 200, just some ideas again. In the end, you get what you pay for :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

well at least before you make a decision, check out some of steve's amp test Tuesday vids, it will help you out with your decisions very well.

And hey if it's your last personal build, might be worth a few extra bucks for quality, don't have to go insane with the money, if you shop around there are good amps with a price tag your looking for.

and since you posted about pioneer ealier, here is an amp you can consider if you like their stuff: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_63975_Pioneer-GM-D9601.html

And I know what you mean about the RE amps, I have to friends that have the amps, they are ok but they are looking for a change up soon.

It gives you headroom and under 200, just some ideas again. In the end, you get what you pay for :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

and since you posted about pioneer ealier, here is an amp you can consider if you like their stuff: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_63975_Pioneer-GM-D9601.html

And I know what you mean about the RE amps, I have to friends that have the amps, they are ok but they are looking for a change up soon.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

And for the door speakers I found a small clarion amp I can mount behind the dash

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290974728202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or

This soundstream but I don't have there outs on my headunits so I need high level imputs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230945166960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And for the door speakers I found a small clarion amp I can mount behind the dash

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290974728202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or

This soundstream but I don't have there outs on my headunits so I need high level imputs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230945166960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I like this amp but when I looked for it it was allot more expensive. I'm a big fan of pioneer, right quality/ price this is my new fav

Archived