Which Class?!?!

loganberry

ok, so now i see how you (and others) have the db drag race stats thing in ur sig... does that mean ur a constant competitor? or that you just go to shows whenever u want, i will really try to get to visalia, and i was not aware that most of them are all intertwined with eachother, thats pretty cool..... now db drag is class classified right? depending on what you are running, and bass race is whatever you want just in specific db range, and whats in it for competing, besides having alot of fun....(sorry for all the questions) and if i wanna do something like the thing in anderson (since it dosnt sound like a bassrace thing) can i just pick and choose the shows i wanna do

The stats sig is part of being a member of db drag. None of the organizations (USAC IASCA or Db Drag) make it mandatory to attend all shows. You also noticed the SPLMAX CUP in my sig too. Now that you have to attend all dB Drag events that are sanction to be a Cup event. The event is still the same as any show. However, for those in the Cup Points Chase (Like NASCAR) there is a different points system based on placement,entrys and class.

The dB Drag Racing Rule book online is confusing. If you print it out with a color printer it helps a little. dB Drag is classifed into different classes, Street Stock, Street, Super Street and Extreme. Within each one of these its breaken down even further. Bass Race is judged strictly on control of your system. The only rule is subwoofers have to be behind the "B" Pillar.

There are trophies handed out for both dB Drag and Bass Race. NOW you can participate in both dB Drag and Bass Race. However, in dB Drag your only allowed in one class. Bass Race your allowed to compete in multiple classes (HERE ON THE WEST COAST) but, at an SPLMAX CUP event forget about it.

The stats sig is part of being a member of db drag. None of the organizations (USAC IASCA or Db Drag) make it mandatory to attend all shows. You also noticed the SPLMAX CUP in my sig too. Now that you have to attend all dB Drag events that are sanction to be a Cup event. The event is still the same as any show. However, for those in the Cup Points Chase (Like NASCAR) there is a different points system based on placement,entrys and class.

The dB Drag Racing Rule book online is confusing. If you print it out with a color printer it helps a little. dB Drag is classifed into different classes, Street Stock, Street, Super Street and Extreme. Within each one of these its breaken down even further. Bass Race is judged strictly on control of your system. The only rule is subwoofers have to be behind the "B" Pillar.

There are trophies handed out for both dB Drag and Bass Race. NOW you can participate in both dB Drag and Bass Race. However, in dB Drag your only allowed in one class. Bass Race your allowed to compete in multiple classes (HERE ON THE WEST COAST) but, at an SPLMAX CUP event forget about it.

ok it sounds like a good deal, now if i sign up at one db drag show (like the one in anderson) or usac or what not, am i just issued a piece of paper and then i take it to continuing shows.... also it looks like "street C" in db drag, i will run 2 15" dc lvl 4s and then 1 amp for each, so idk but i think i have that, and when i compete in that how does it work? highest numbers i can put up sealed against other people? and i see in some usac there are like open door and what not, if i compete in something like that, is it still considered street c since that would be my class

thanks for all the help and the constant questions but like you said it is VERY confusing

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

ok it sounds like a good deal, now if i sign up at one db drag show (like the one in anderson) or usac or what not, am i just issued a piece of paper and then i take it to continuing shows.... also it looks like "street C" in db drag, i will run 2 15" dc lvl 4s and then 1 amp for each, so idk but i think i have that, and when i compete in that how does it work? highest numbers i can put up sealed against other people? and i see in some usac there are like open door and what not, if i compete in something like that, is it still considered street c since that would be my class

thanks for all the help and the constant questions but like you said it is VERY confusing

Its one of those things you got to jump into it and ask all the questions you can.

Now. when you register at a show wether its USAC or Db Drag Racing your issued a paper plaque for that day so the judge one knows who you are and two what class your in. when register with the actual organizations you go online and pay your memebership fees/dues. Sometimes you can pay these dues at the show but, I'd do it online just because its quicker.

2 15's 2 amps (4strapped) is considered Street C. Now your equpment and box has to be below the window line and behind the B'pillar. My only question to you though isn't your truck a 4 door 4 seater? where is your box?

Its one of those things you got to jump into it and ask all the questions you can.

Now. when you register at a show wether its USAC or Db Drag Racing your issued a paper plaque for that day so the judge one knows who you are and two what class your in. when register with the actual organizations you go online and pay your memebership fees/dues. Sometimes you can pay these dues at the show but, I'd do it online just because its quicker.

2 15's 2 amps (4strapped) is considered Street C. Now your equpment and box has to be below the window line and behind the B'pillar. My only question to you though isn't your truck a 4 door 4 seater? where is your box?

4 door 8 seater, im using the x, more cabin space gives me higher db ratings, im still workin on my truck... but the x is what im gonna b using for my competitions... i was gonna put my amps under the seats, along with a kinetik 800, then my box with 2 15"s behind the 3rd row

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

4 door 8 seater, im using the x, more cabin space gives me higher db ratings, im still workin on my truck... but the x is what im gonna b using for my competitions... i was gonna put my amps under the seats, along with a kinetik 800, then my box with 2 15"s behind the 3rd row

OH man thats all KINGSUV right there. he'd probably tell you to ditch the third row though.

I don't want to get too technical on your build but, if you keep everything in the cargo area your fine. also if you remove the third row that is completely legal in that class. You'd definately want to pick KINGSUV'S brain about a box design for that truck.

OH man thats all KINGSUV right there. he'd probably tell you to ditch the third row though.

I don't want to get too technical on your build but, if you keep everything in the cargo area your fine. also if you remove the third row that is completely legal in that class. You'd definately want to pick KINGSUV'S brain about a box design for that truck.

ive looked at his builds over and over and OVER again, and am still in awe, but this is gonna be a box i can slip out if i need too, not a perm box... it will be in there most of the time.... but if i need to slip it out, i wanna b able to make a phone call to a friend down the street and he can help me take it out

also i was going to put both mid and high amps under the 2nd row seat, and then my 2 crunch 1500s and my 800 kinetik under the 3rd row (i might add 2 more 15"s and slide the 3rd row out for competitions l8r) but money permits me to do 2 15's now... it should put me at least low 140's and sound good doing so... so we will see

but i will be in the street C class tho right? and whats the object in there, run as high numbers as u can with everything sealed up? kind of like bass race? and usac is like door open correct?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

ive looked at his builds over and over and OVER again, and am still in awe, but this is gonna be a box i can slip out if i need too, not a perm box... it will be in there most of the time.... but if i need to slip it out, i wanna b able to make a phone call to a friend down the street and he can help me take it out

also i was going to put both mid and high amps under the 2nd row seat, and then my 2 crunch 1500s and my 800 kinetik under the 3rd row (i might add 2 more 15"s and slide the 3rd row out for competitions l8r) but money permits me to do 2 15's now... it should put me at least low 140's and sound good doing so... so we will see

but i will be in the street C class tho right? and whats the object in there, run as high numbers as u can with everything sealed up? kind of like bass race? and usac is like door open correct?

You got 30 seconds, but you play a tone instead of music. it normally called a burp. oh and street stock and street cars have to have their cars off.

Oh and if your in Street C. LOL your going up against me.

You got 30 seconds, but you play a tone instead of music. it normally called a burp. oh and street stock and street cars have to have their cars off.

Oh and if your in Street C. LOL your going up against me.

ouch that dosnt sound good.... so db drag u play tones.... if u have 30 seconds whats the point... "burp" for the hightes numbers? and with the equipment i plan on running means i HAVE to be street c.... i kno im new but i dont really wanna b used as a mop lol.. (i kno you only get better in time) but if i come like in last or something each time, would be kind of discouraging

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

I could tell ya a few things about getting a X loud ;)

Behind the 3rd row will be tough, you could see mad 40's on a burp. and that would make it a decent 139 bassracer. More cabin doesn't give you more Db's. It does allow you to tune lower to have a burp and music number close in range.

I just tossed out a box for 2 15's that i was doing 148 with. :lol:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

ouch that dosnt sound good.... so db drag u play tones.... if u have 30 seconds whats the point... "burp" for the hightes numbers? and with the equipment i plan on running means i HAVE to be street c.... i kno im new but i dont really wanna b used as a mop lol.. (i kno you only get better in time) but if i come like in last or something each time, would be kind of discouraging

its part of thelearnng curve bro. You figure out what you wanna do what class you can afford and start building designingthe vehicle around the system. We started off with our everyday cars too but ended up buying cars just for db drag. don't get discouraged just come out hang out ask questions and just have a good time.

Archived