Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

truck box help


2010gmc

Recommended Posts

Posted

And to what Sundown told you, I don't think that's really true because none of the louder setups with sa-10's are in a box that small, maybe they mean they perform best overall, but not necessarily get the loudest that they can in 1 cubic foot.

Posted

Ehh I'm not doing 1.0 so not worried, but its what they said so I dunno, it may be, who knows it is their sub though so id figure they'd know what works good, but it could be what works best overall not what is loudest. I'm doing mine about 1.2 cubes per sub and 34 hz, but ive got plenty of room in trunk lol

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Posted

So I think I'm going to do some measurements and see if I can do the sa 8's with a rockford t1000-bdcp or a t1500bdcp, whatever setup I decide on, I want to do 1/0 gauge for the big three and everywhere else, would 50 feet be enough?

Posted

50' is plenty for what you need. Neither of those amps you mentioned accept 1/0 directly. You would have to get a distribution block for 1/0 in, and 4 gauge out. The amps accept 4 gauge as the biggest. You could also get nice reducers from someone like Toolmaker(he makes custom aluminum parts from scratch and his quality is top notch).

Are you planning on using 1/0 gauge CCA or OFC wire?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Use whatever is in your budget. OFC will carry more amperage with less heat. Price and performance are your factors with wire. CCA is copper clad aluminum, usually in a ratio of like 90% aluminum and 10% Copper. OFC is 100% oxygen free copper. Sky High Car Audio on this site makes both, in all different sizes. Welding wire is also OFC and can be found online for a reasonable price usually.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yeah I was looking at sky high, once I figure out exactly what Amp and subs I'm doing I'll decide on wire. What size speaker wire should I use? 12 gauge? I found a sky high page on eBay and 50 ft of cca is $80 while 50 ft of OFC is $170. Is there really any point in using OFC? I mean would I notice a difference?

Posted

Some guys are die hard OFC and others will swear by CCA. Whatever fits your budget and goals though, you make the decision. CCA will have a higher resistance than OFC, higher resistance equals more heat, more heat equals greater power loss through the wire. CCA is prone to corrosion faster as well. If you live near salty air, I'd probably pass on CCA and go with an OFC product, preferably tinned like Fosgate wire is. 12 gauge speaker wire is perfectly fine. Again, this is preference. Some guys run 8 gauge and it works for them.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Well rockford fosgate wire is even more expensive so I probably won't do that, I'm in high school by the way, so I don't have as big a budget as some people on here. I think I'll just do sky high cca and sky high 12 gauge speaker wire, what else am I going to need, like to connect it to the battery and all that, and what amperage fuse should I get

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...