*UPDATED with PICS* plasti dip time!

I was thinking about doing it but I just worry about things rubbing and wearing it off. My shoes quiet often hit it when I get in and out so I just didn't bother messing with it.

I did the badges on the rear and they look awesome :)

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

I was thinking about doing it but I just worry about things rubbing and wearing it off. My shoes quiet often hit it when I get in and out so I just didn't bother messing with it.

I dipped my side-steps on my truck and they haven't hardly changed.

I did something like 6 layers though.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Ok I see, well Imma try it but I'm not going to do the running boards it has the stock Eddie Bauer black ones, I may down the road who knows, and on your badges did you take them off to spray or mask around them? Sorry if that's a dumb question

So the weather sucked yesterday so I couldn't start but I had a little time earlier so I did my grill, I only did 2 coats ill do two more since its up front taking more "abuse" from road debris. Tomorrow I'm going to try to do all 4 wheels but with football I may not get em done lol. I want to do my badges tomorrow too. Worst case I have all day Monday I can get it all finished. Thanks again for the help and knowledge guys!

I left them on and masked a few inches out from the emblems. Where the plastidip is thick it's easy to peel off what you want but little overspray is an absolute pain to get off

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

And you'll want to do everything at least like 4 or 5 coats. It's more durable and is way easier to take off when you wanna get rid of it

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

Ok cool thank you! I want to black out all badges like the "explorer" on the sides and the "v8" on the back, any tips on masking around them? I figured I could tape around them and cut out around the lettering tightly with a exacto knife? Or were you saying masking out a couple inches around the badges leaving the few inches around the badge to be sprayed with the badge and Peel it off from around it cause it will be thick there? Sorry for so many questions that are probably stupid this is my first time using plasti dip and I'm just trying to learn the product and its great capabilities! Oh and coat wise I was planning at least 4 coats based on what I've read on here, ill probably do the 5 coats tho. I guess I should take some before and after pics to post up too

I taped around them about 6 inches or so away from emblem.

Then I just pulled off the extra dip. I used a toothpick to help make sure it didn't pull off anything else.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I taped around them about 6 inches or so away from emblem.

Then I just pulled off the extra dip. I used a toothpick to help make sure it didn't pull off anything else.

Sweet thanks man! What a great product you can just feel it off and it doesn't ruin or Peel the paint, pure genius :)

Good morning! Bout to head to the car wash again went yesterday but now going to power wash my wheels good so I can plasti my wheels today finally!!! Ill take before and after pics!

Archived